Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Vail unveils ‘Riff-Raff Pass'

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Vail unveils ‘Riff-Raff Pass'

Postby dubsho3000 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Holy crap I'd be all over that. Love vail, but what a pain in the ass to get there. And it can't be any easier for locals. What do the locals think? Do u hate the parking situation there?

Postby hotrod » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey, April Fool! We ain't all dumb clucks.
Growing older is inevitable, but getting old is not.

Postby WaynerAg03 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

April 1, 2010.

Postby dubsho3000 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Clearly. It's 4 o'clock people - not my first april fool's of the day.

Also, 4/1 is NOT the only day to not take g seriously.

But since it had no responses, and it would be sweet.... A boy can dream

Postby Kiefer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Not at all. Either walk or take the bus everywhere. The valley is so small, there's no need to drive anywhere. We leave the parking nightmare to the tourists and day skiers. There's been talk of making the old Wendy's location in West Vail a parking lot for day skiers but the NIMBY'S keep shooting it down.

dubsho3000 wrote:Holy crap I'd be all over that. Love vail, but what a pain in the ass to get there. And it can't be any easier for locals. What do the locals think? Do u hate the parking situation there?
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby CorduroyCalves » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 pm

dubsho3000 wrote:Clearly. It's 4 o'clock people - not my first april fool's of the day.

Also, 4/1 is NOT the only day to not take g seriously.

But since it had no responses, and it would be sweet.... A boy can dream

=D>
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby dubsho3000 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 am

Kiefer wrote:Not at all. Either walk or take the bus everywhere. The valley is so small, there's no need to drive anywhere. We leave the parking nightmare to the tourists and day skiers. There's been talk of making the old Wendy's location in West Vail a parking lot for day skiers but the NIMBY'S keep shooting it down.

dubsho3000 wrote:Holy crap I'd be all over that. Love vail, but what a pain in the ass to get there. And it can't be any easier for locals. What do the locals think? Do u hate the parking situation there?

yeah I think their bus system sucks ass. It still drops u off in the parking lot and then u get to walk across the road with no cross walk and thru the lame ass village to get to the lift. Then just two quick lifts to get to anything good. Ooh maybe a traverse too!

Don't get me wrong, I still make the schlep. Just thinking about the parker friendly wp/copper pass next year. Now if they would add a basin to the intrawest deal the choice would be simple in my mind.

Postby Jim Davies » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

A-Basin started selling their passes for 2010-11 on April 1st, also for $299. Coincidence?
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby FCSquid » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Viggo Cheddar, Ziggy Kegstand, Opulencia Peacock ... I love it. =D>
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Postby Jim Davies » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:38 pm

The comment on that 2008 story about Vail's "flock of pheasant kitchen labor" is priceless.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright