Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

AT/Randonee Boot Fit

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: AT/Randonee Boot Fit

Postby George James » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm sure the other guys/services mentioned above are very worthy as well, but +100 for Larry!

http://www.larrybootfitting.com/
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund

Postby LovetheMountains » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't have too much to add, but wanted to note that my experience wasn't great with Larry. I drove all the way up there, wasted all day waiting (not the worst thing when you're in Boulder) and walked away with a boot that was no better than when I brought it in. I was in terrible pain. I wasn't impressed with the level of service while I was there, and clearly not impressed with the results.
I eventually took them to Ski and Golf to return them, but the guy there spent a ton of time helping me out, and they feel perfect now!
I agree with everyone who says don't go up a shell size. I have such small feet that I always wore boots that were too big, and had no control.

Postby mtnfiend » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:17 am

benners wrote:If I were you I'd head to Bent Gate Mountaineering in Golden and talk to John, he's been fitting AT boots to people's feet for a long time and is an expert at getting the right boot to fit your foot, I had an awesome experience working with him.

+1 John was very helpful for me as well. Although, he's not their only resource. I know a few of the other employees are knowledgeable as well.
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

Previous