Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Touring in Alpine Boots

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Touring in Alpine Boots

Postby drex27 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I know several folks who tour a lot with alpine boots (because they are anal ex-ski racers) and have few issues on the up.

Dang, Caleb! You get nasty when your stuck indoors!

Postby RoanMtnMan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 pm

drex27 wrote:
I know several folks who tour a lot with alpine boots (because they are anal ex-ski racers) and have few issues on the up.

Dang, Caleb! You get nasty when your stuck indoors!

Hahaha. True words. Poor form from me. I should put a disclaimer at the end of all of my posts until my back unbreaks itselfs. I may or may not have had you in mind when I posted the above comment. :) I have noticed my internet usage has increased and patience has declined since the accident. Looks like I will be back after it sooner than expected though. So call me man.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby tripvera » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I toured for a number of years in stiff alpine boots. They were reasonably comfortable touring, but when having to scramble over rocks or do an approach, it was difficult. Walk mode in touring boots are hard to beat, and they are stiff enough these days that I would never consider using alpine boots again.

Previous