Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Naxo Bindings

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Naxo Bindings

Postby badger4 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I recently broke the heel piece of my Naxo nx11 bindings after a serious yard sale at Keystone. I called BCA and they said they no longer sell or support Naxo bindings and don't have any inventory left. Anyone know where to find a heel piece for these bindings?

Thanks in advance.
Couldn't have been asleep for more than three hours...

Re: Naxo Bindings

Postby Randonnee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:02 am

Try some of the BC ski shops like Bent Gate in Golden. They may have some spare parts in stock, or a source for them.

I have heard that Naxo is going out of production and will be off the market next year, so if you find parts you may want to pick any spares you think you may need in the future.

H
"When the government fears the people, you have liberty. When the people fear the government, you have tyranny."

(Thomas Jefferson)

Postby Cruiser » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:33 am

If I were in your position I'd call around to several local ski shops that have service departments and ask for them to check their spare parts bin. Places like Christie's, REI, Bent Gate, Sports Authority, and any other local ones you can think of. You're probably not going to find anyone with parts though. With the binding going out of production soon the folks who have parts may well wish to hold onto them for their future use. I'd encourage you to begin searching now for a pair of Fritschi Freerides either new or used to replace the Naxo's.
Where ever you are... There you are.

Postby Nathan Hale » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 pm

I broke a heel piece on my NX21s last year.

I took them to Bent Gate and they sent them in to Naxo (in Boulder) to be repaired. It was free and only took a week or so.

I would hurry up and check into that in case they'll continue to do it for a while before Naxo closes.
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com

Postby Bean » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Nathan Hale wrote:I broke a heel piece on my NX21s last year.

I took them to Bent Gate and they sent them in to Naxo (in Boulder) to be repaired. It was free and only took a week or so.

I would hurry up and check into that in case they'll continue to do it for a while before Naxo closes.

Actually it's BCA in Boulder.

Find the replacement heel part, sell the bindings, and get some dukes or dynafits (or barons). You don't want to be stuck with unsupported technology (especially that's prone to breaking) any longer than you have to be.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com