Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

AT Rentals/ Sale

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

AT Rentals/ Sale

Postby skier25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Are there any places that rent AT boots near the Front Range? I know that the Bent Gate used to rent them, but they are now selling everything. :( In the past I have always gone into the backcountry with rentals or just my regular ski boots. I'll have to buy some eventually, but I'd like to try more on the hill before making a decision.

-edit-

The Bent Gatewill start selling their 2007-2008 fleet of demo boots and skis starting on Wednesday, February 13 at 4:00 pm. Here's the reason!

http://site.bentgate.com/graphics/2008_02_06/index.html
Last edited by skier25 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carry an ice axe and a clear mentality; they can both save your life.
I get acute mountain sickness when I am away from the mountains.

Re: AT Rentals

Postby Carl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:16 pm

As of last week, Bent Gate told me they rent AT boots, so you might want to give them a ring. Alpenglow in Golden is also an option.

edit: the more i think about it i'm not so sure about Alpenglow, but i know for certain that Bent Gate quoted me on AT boot rentals last week for a friend that was in town. good luck

Postby sherpasmith » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm pretty certain that Neptune in Boulder rents AT gear. You may want to get in there by Friday afternoon though.

Postby PKR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder
http://www.neptunemountaineering.com
In the past they had a deal where if you liked what you had rented and wanted to buy it they would deduct the rental off the purchase price. I am not sure what they are up to this year but it may be worth looking into.
Be safe & enjoy the snow,
ken

Postby sherpasmith » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:29 pm

PKR is right, but there were some restrictions last year.
1) Purchase had to be within 30 days of rental.
2) Only the rental fee of the same type of equipment is deducted from the purchase. That is to say, if you rent everything, skis, boots, skins, then you go back within 30 days to buy skis, only the rental fee of the skis would be deducted from the purchase price of skis, not the other $50 or whatever you spent to rent boots, skins, etc.

Postby skier25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:47 pm

I called the Bent Gate again, and they are selling all the demos (except for a few such as the Spirit 4). I think I'll try the Spirits this weekend. Thanks.
Last edited by skier25 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ajkagy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:51 pm

I know this has nothing to do with rentals...but I got a hellava deal with that 20% coupon from moosejaw on some new AT boots. I went to neptune and tried on several scarpa boots to get the exact fit i wanted, then went online and purchased them. Saved me probably 200 dollars with 20% off and no tax...gotta love it.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby skier25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 pm

ajkagy

Good Idea! That's sort of what I'm planning on doing! :wink:

Re: AT Rentals/ Sale

Postby GBguy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to be looking for some AT boots soon as well. Does anybody know if they ever go on sale at Bent Gate or Neptune (besides when they sell off the demos)? I refuse to pay full price for them. I'll have to check out Moosejaw as well.
"You know, if you take everything I've ever accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent!"