Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Friends of Berthoud Pass

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Friends of Berthoud Pass

Postby jenren81 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 pm

glad to see this post, I'm a posting noob on this site but have lurked for a long time. i'm going to try to check out the denver class next week though, thanks for what you guys do.

Postby FOBP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 am

We are so glad you all are enjoying the presentations and are very grateful for you support. We will have a donation bucket (actually it's an old leather boot) out begining with our next event.

The donation issue is with Internet Explorer. I'm not techie, so I've put the ticket in with our tech guys who are aware of the problem an trying to figure it out. Bear in mind that we are volunteers, so sometimes things like this take a while to resolve. In the meantime you can PayPal us at fobp_info@yahoo.com or mail us a check. (best solution is to find a computer with Firefox, Chrome or Safari)

Again, thanks for your support. We're stoked for the kind of response we had at Colorado College-- smart, focused, attentive, engaged, polite, interested and eager for more knowledge. That's the kind of membership we are proud of.

Please shoot us any thoughts, suggestions or criticism any time. You can reach any of us through info @berthoudpass.org or you can reach any of the directors via email from the About Us page at http://berthoudpass.org

Cheers,
*shan

Postby FOBP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 am

Here's the video clip of the burial and rescue in Haines. Sobering stuff, for sure.

http://berthoudpass.org/2009/09/12/avalanche-skier-pov-helmet-cam-burial-rescue-in-haines-alaska/

Postby tmathews » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 am

FOBP wrote:Here's the video clip of the burial and rescue in Haines. Sobering stuff, for sure.

http://berthoudpass.org/2009/09/12/avalanche-skier-pov-helmet-cam-burial-rescue-in-haines-alaska/

Powerful imagery....

Postby COBuckeye » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 am

Anyone going to the class tonight at Cassleman's in Denver?
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby ebnhils » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 pm

How about Bent Gate on the 17th, I'll be there.

Eben
life is motion, get busy living or get busy dying

Postby 2005trek1200 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

ebnhils wrote:How about Bent Gate on the 17th, I'll be there.

Eben

the misses and i will be there...

Postby speth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:45 pm

COBuckeye wrote:Anyone going to the class tonight at Cassleman's in Denver?

Me and my wife will be there. Look for the skinny guy with a green hat :)
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

Postby COBuckeye » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:03 pm

speth wrote:Look for the skinny guy with a green hat

Will do...see you there
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby Carl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 pm

ebnhils wrote:How about Bent Gate on the 17th, I'll be there.

Bump for the class tonight. See you there.

Postby Steve Gio » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Looks like it will be a full house. We'll be there.

Postby speth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Bobski's Avy Savvy class last night was great. It was very informative, but he presented it in a way that kept your interest (asking questions, making some jokes, getting people to respond to discussion), made you consider options, and really emphasized the need to be safe out there.

Some of the main points that caught my attention were weather descriptions, snow types, incline angles, CAIC reports, rescue procedures and equipment, and personal responsibility.

GREAT videos to show to emphasize some points, too.

I would definitely reccommend the class to anyone interested in the basics (or as a refresher; there were quite a few people last night who had taken advanced classes but came to refresh on some core principles).

Thanks!
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

PreviousNext