Wildflowers 2016

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rmattas
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Wildflowers 2016

Post by rmattas »

I've learned so much from the photographers on this board. Thank you…
Attachments
_DSC4115-14.jpg
_DSC4115-14.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 491 times
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton
pw
14ers: 45 
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pw »

This was on Kebler Pass today. I drove around the Crested Butte area for a day and a half. Flowers seemed about as usual, maybe a bit fewer than usual, although I'm not a frequent enough visitor to know for sure. I will say for anyone heading up there, the flies on the road to Teocali were ferocious, they were trying to devour me, I barely wanted to get out of the car in some spots.

For the guy who started this thread, I drove over Cottonwood Pass on the way back, lots and lots of lupine down in the forest on the west side of the pass, a little lower down, maybe 8 or 10 miles from the top. I think that is one of the most common flowers we have though, saw quite a lot of them this weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwahl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pw
14ers: 45 
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pw »

Flowers certainly aren't as popular among the photo crowd as the fall colors are, judging by the number of posts here. Well anyway, this was on the short hike from the Mt. Democrat trailhead (Kite Lake more or less) up to Lake Emma, very nice hike. (tiniest bit of Orton effect applied, for the photo people here)

Not a flower, but kind of cool -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwahl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;