Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Pikes Peak, Ruxton Park Questions

Information on peaks other than the CO 14ers and 13ers.

Re: Pikes Peak, Ruxton Park Questions

Postby ptyrg » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 am

The ridge between Cameron cone and Arthur, is a tough one, plan on 1.5 hours one way. If you stay on the ridge proper, dropping on one side then the other, you can get through. When I did it, I started above Helen hunt fall, and I think it took about 7 hours round trip.

Re: Pikes Peak, Ruxton Park Questions

Postby IHikeLikeAGirl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:04 am

susanjoypaul wrote:Cameron Cone? Sheep? Marys? Grandview, Manitou, Arthur & Garfield? Be careful Val, you are getting dangerously close to becoming an El Paso County Summits peak-bagger! :-D

:lol:

Yeah, how did that happen? When I finished the 14ers, I thought I would start another hobby...then I found myself heading up some 13ers...and while waiting for better TH access (and trying to avoid the crowds on Barr Trail) I discovered the enjoyment of the "other Colorado peaks" in the area. I think I'm becoming an addict.... :oops:

Is there any hope for me?

ptyrg wrote:The ridge between Cameron cone and Arthur, is a tough one, plan on 1.5 hours one way. If you stay on the ridge proper, dropping on one side then the other, you can get through. When I did it, I started above Helen hunt fall, and I think it took about 7 hours round trip.

Thanks, I had read a vague description saying the Cameron-Arthur ridge was tough. What exactly made it so tough? Lots of boulders? Any of them move? Any cliffs or slabs? Cameron to Sheep had more boulders than I was expecting. I'll probably try Arthur and Garfield in a separate trip.

Thanks for the info.
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright

Previous