Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Loch Vale conditions

Information on peaks other than the CO 14ers and 13ers.

Loch Vale conditions

Postby DaveSwink » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

We are planning to climb Sharkstooth in RMNP on Saturday. Has anyone been into Loch Vale or on Sharkstooth lately? Trail or climb conditions updates? Thanks!

Re: Loch Vale conditions

Postby Floyd » Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm

My 5-year old hiked to Loch Vale last weekend (see new avatar) so you won't have any problem with the trail. No snowshoes needed, a couple of icy patches to cross that microspikes helped, but nothing to worry about. Beyond the Loch, it looked like things were a little snowier, but I can't speak to specificcs there. (Kimo posted a TR a few weeks ago on Andrews Glacier, that should help too)
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby DaveSwink » Thu May 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks, Floyd!

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm

It doesn't have to be specifically Loch Vale, but I havent been up in that area for a while and was wondering how many feet on average are still around?
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Kansas City for the summer