Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Favorite Boulder hike?

Information on peaks other than the CO 14ers and 13ers.

Re: Favorite Boulder hike?

Postby meyeralex » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 am

+1 Bear Peak from Shadow Canyon. Also not bad coming from down Bear Creek or from NCAR

Postby milan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Bear Peak from NCAR using Fern Canyon and North ridge, if I need fast work out. Its over 2000 feet to gain and I measure time. Its nice and steep, sometimes fun with ice, snow... If I have all day and need to train for 14ers, then some of the possible combinations like NCAR-Shaddow Canyon - South Boulder Pk., - Bear Pk. - Green Mountain - Chautaqua - NCAR...sometimes go up Fern Canyon, sometimes Bear, depends on my mood. 3rd favorite is Green Mountain from Gregory Canyon.

Postby dpage » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Just did South Boulder and Bear this morning via Shadow Canyon. I think it seems to be a great workout to kick my butt into hiking shape. ~4:15 for the 2 peaks. Love the short scramble on Bear Peak.

Postby climbing_rob » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

dswink wrote:
jlarocco wrote:I like the South Boulder Peak and Bear Peak combo from Shadow Canyon. South Boulder Peak, Bear Peak, and Green Mountain is also fun.

The Trifecta! Climbing S Boulder and Bear Peaks with Green Mountain is my consolation on weekends when I can't go for a fourteener. Some folks add on a traverse over Flagstaff Mountain and Mount Sanitas, but that is more than I am usually looking for.
Yeah, this, just did it today from the S. Mesa t/h ( the three). Something lik 13-14 miles and 5000 vertical. Great little local workout route. Still a tad hard-pack-snow-icy in spots, used micro spikes only on S. Boulder ridge. Maybe we crossed paths dpage?

Previous