Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Fall Reservior Peaks

Information on peaks other than the CO 14ers and 13ers.

Fall Reservior Peaks

Postby zoriloco » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Good day everyone,

I just had a quick question. What are the names of the peaks sourrounding Fall Reserivior over at Idaho Springs. I was up there this past weekend and climbed a section of the closest one to the reservior, not the tallest one, but the one with the rockiest face and was wondering what the name was.

Re: Fall Reservior Peaks

Postby Dave B » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

Parry Peak is to the north and Mt. Eva is to the south. By the rockiest and closest I think you're referring to Eva, the summit of Parry is a ways up the draw and lookers right from the reservoir.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby zoriloco » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks Ill look them up and confirm if that is the one im talking about. Anyhow, what a great spot.

Postby glacierPaul » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 am

Mt. Eva is the one.

Postby zoriloco » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 am

Ok, I finally got my pics downloaded. But looking thru some topo maps it does look to be Mt Eva. Thanks a ton guys and here are some pictures. We didnt get far because of the snow fields, I was actually wearing tennis shoes and didnt feel safe climbing any higher then 12K

Postby metalmountain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:33 pm

zoriloco wrote:Ok, I finally got my pics downloaded. But looking thru some topo maps it does look to be Mt Eva. Thanks a ton guys and here are some pictures. We didnt get far because of the snow fields, I was actually wearing tennis shoes and didnt feel safe climbing any higher then 12K

There is a mostly (I assume by now) snow free route up Eva from the south side of the ridge in the pictures. I posted a trip report a while back about an attempt back in June that failed due to some large cornices approaching the summit. Fun route though :)
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem