Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

From the Summit of Lone Eagle with Love

Information on peaks other than the CO 14ers and 13ers.

From the Summit of Lone Eagle with Love

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:31 am

The weather was wonderful in the Indian Peaks Saturday and I thought I'd share this video from the top of Lone Eagle. What a summit!

"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Re: From the Summit of Lone Eagle with Love

Postby Steve Gio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm

When we camped out there we wondered if people actually climbed that thing. Now we know. Congrats and thanks for the mid afternoon vertigo.
Attachments
lone_eagle_peak.jpg
lone_eagle_peak.jpg (326.74 KiB) Viewed 804 times

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks Steve, nice shot from Mirror Lake. It was interesting sitting in the valley the night before looking up at it. It is the kind of summit that has a tendency from below to make you question what you are doing. Of course that same kind of summit really affirms why you do these things once you get on top!
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby BAUMGARA » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Dang!, nice!

Postby Scott P » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Awesome.

Lone Eagle is one of the best summits that not really a summit (those who have climbed it know what I mean :D ).

In my opinion, Lone Eagle from Mirror Lake is the best alpine scene I've seen in Colorado and climbing the peak is one of the most fun routes around.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.