Dragon's Tail Couloir this weekend?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Woodie Hopper
14ers: 58 
13ers: 75
Trip Reports (0)

Dragon's Tail Couloir this weekend?

Post by Woodie Hopper »

Anyone interested in Dragon's Tail Couloir this weekend? (Saturday) Also, any comments on current conditions would be greatly appreciated.

Woodie
doubleA
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Dragon's Tail Couloir this weekend?

Post by doubleA »

PM sent
jsymes7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jsymes7 »

Pm Sent
rpb13
14ers: 57  2  2 
13ers: 91
Trip Reports (6)

Post by rpb13 »

PM sent
Woodie Hopper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Woodie Hopper »

Anyone know what Dragon's Tail may be like this weekend? I'm worried I picked a bad Saturday (tomorrow) for it considering the recent snowfall. If that's out, anyone have an idea if the standard route up Flattop or Hallett would be reasonably safe?

Thanks!

Woodie

Otherwise I might snowshoe up Breck as a consolation.
Woodie Hopper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Woodie Hopper »

I'm no longer considering Dragon's Tail. If the standard (non couloir) routes up Fattop and Hallett are also out I'll head to Breck.

Thanks.

Woodie