Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

login to see linked youtube vids?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

login to see linked youtube vids?

Postby d_baker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Recently I have noticed that when I'm lurking on the site (but not logged in), I'm not seeing all content such as videos. But once I'm logged in, the embedded videos are there. Is it something I've done to my settings on my computer or something with the site?
The front page doesn't always load the pan photos either.

I use firefox, and I think it's updated. (??)

Re: login to see linked youtube vids?

Postby susanjoypaul » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Perhaps your plugins are disabled by default, and are automatically enabled when you login to this site?

I would start here, Darin: Update or Reinstall Plugins. I use Chrome, and intentionally disable the plugins because they're resource-intensive, and then manually enable them to watch videos (chrome://plugins).

Or, you could just stop lurking. It's creepy.

Postby d_baker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks Susan.
I think it's going to be easier to switch to Chrome!

I did a reset for Firefox, and I get this message when I go to 14ers.....
untrustedconnection.jpg
untrustedconnection.jpg (58.18 KiB) Viewed 100 times

I think I understand the risks of this site, and its members, but the technical details are over my head. :)
My computer is as bright as its owner.

Weird things have been going on for a week or so now using Firefox. Sometimes my login/username profile thing in the corner is placed a little low and overlaps the blue bar.
Sometimes I can see video links, sometimes not.
I opened Chrome and everything is fine. I can even watch the gurlz with farmer tans shake it on the Needle! (Well done ladies!)

Edit: Another screen shot of the overlap deal:

overlapping.jpg
overlapping.jpg (255.75 KiB) Viewed 89 times

The front page pano sometimes appears and sometimes not too. I can go to the TR section and come back to the homepage and the photo will appear, when before it didn't display at all. Weird.

Postby Derby Ale » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Dude! You broke the internet!

I have a feeling you have unnecessary add-ons running in Firefox. I use Firefox at work and Chrome at home. I find both to be equally rock-solid. However, at work, where Firefox is the preferred browser for all our locations, I find many of our web based systems start breaking down once extra add-ons are installed. Try this: go to "Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information" then on the top right, click the "reset firefox" button and see if that gives you any improvement.

Or switch to chrome. :lol:

Postby d_baker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks Derby, but that is what I did (the reset option) and that is when I got the message I posted above. I've looked at the add-ons but I really have no clue at what I'm looking at or what I need! This problem has only been going on for a week or so, and I don't think I made changes. Prior to these problems, I've been using Firefox for years without anything like this happening.

Postby d_baker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I think it has something with the secure login. If I switch from 'Use Secure Login' to 'Use Normal Login' I can see posted videos. Would that still be an add-on or plug-in issue?
I had Chrome open and once again the front page photo was not displaying. I clicked on the 'Use Normal Login' option, and the photo appeared.
I then went to Firefox (with the 'Secure Login') and the photo wasn't there. I changed over, the homepage photo was there, and I could then see the linked youtube videos in the forum.

Bill if you're reading this, is this still something on my end or something else going on?