Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trip report editing

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Trip report editing

Postby jdorje » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm

A simple suggestion: at the bottom of the trip report editor page, add a "return to editing" checkbox. If checked, then you will be redirected to editing the same report upon saving. This would make the typical (I feel) intermediate-save-as-inactive step (including partial photo upload) faster. Also, the current page it takes you to "your trip report has been saved" has a link "Preview the trip report", but not an also-very-useful one "edit the trip report".

Also, a minor bug/annoyance: if you try to upload a PNG file instead of a jpg, you get an error. However this error drops at least the name of the pictures you were uploading, so that you have to go back through all of them and reenter (plus of course fix the one that was a PNG).

P.S. Is this the forum for suggestions, or just problems? I can't see any other forum for suggestions.
-Jason Dorje Short

Site Administrator

Re: Trip report editing

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Good suggestion on the "Edit this Report" link. I'm not sure why that's not there but it will be soon.

TRs only support JPG images and that's specified to the right of the upload area. I'll look into a more user-friendly error message.

Thanks!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Trip report editing

Postby jdorje » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah, I know about PNG but never remember it when I save my topo map in that format...until I get a rude reminder!
-Jason Dorje Short