Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The Forum Organization Sucks

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: The Forum Organization Sucks

Postby Coxie2210 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
dhaines wrote:But as a contributor, the site completely sucks and is useless to me. I've tried and tried to post photos and links, but it just doesn't work out.

I love summer! Nice rant - it made my morning. :lol: In case you're not just trolling, I'll try to offer some assistance...

dhaines wrote:So where do I look to see if 1) the trail/gate is open and 2) what the conditions are? I have to look in all four.

Here's what you're probably looking for but couldn't find it: Peak Planning Console (PPC) Get there by clicking the PPC link next to each peak name on the left of the home page or look in the site menus

dhaines wrote:Can the forumns please be reogranzied into geographic areas and trailheads?

Try looking at all the site content instead of the just the forum. Like the PPC, route pages also link together information related to a peak/area including TRs, condition reports, trailheads and weather

Always the educator Bill! Thanks for all you do!

Postby Hungry Jack » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 am

This forum would be much better if it could provide directions to the nearest craft brewery for each trailhead.
I need more dehydrogenase.

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 am

Hungry Jack wrote:This forum would be much better if it could provide directions to the nearest craft brewery for each trailhead.

+1
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby GeezerClimber » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am

Hungry Jack wrote:This forum would be much better if it could provide directions to the nearest craft brewery for each trailhead.

Truly constructive criticism!

Dave

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
JTOlson26 wrote:Well...THAT guy obviously doesn't have the mountain oysters to post again. Or should I say troll oysters?

I think this thread was just a fly-by and he'll come around again...

I wonder if there's a band called "The Forum Organization" and if they actually do suck.

Good, then it's not just a clever name.

Previous