Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The Forum Organization Sucks

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: The Forum Organization Sucks

Postby DeTour » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Jim Davies wrote:We're all having a good laugh about this over in the super-secret members-only Offline Forum section.

Speaking of good laughs, how many people want to admit clicking on that link? I did. :oops:
when you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm

DeTour wrote:
Jim Davies wrote:We're all having a good laugh about this over in the super-secret members-only Offline Forum section.

Speaking of good laughs, how many people want to admit clicking on that link? I did. :oops:

DYBM! It was there this morning...
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby JTOlson26 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Well...THAT guy obviously doesn't have the mountain oysters to post again. Or should I say troll oysters?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Jim Davies wrote:
DeTour wrote:

DYBM! It was there this morning...

That's how secret it is!!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 pm

JTOlson26 wrote:Well...THAT guy obviously doesn't have the mountain oysters to post again. Or should I say troll oysters?

I think this thread was just a fly-by and he'll come around again...

I wonder if there's a band called "The Forum Organization" and if they actually do suck.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby SolarAlex » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:32 pm

can i ask a dumb question? how do you add a peak conditions report? every time i select the peak name, the route field disappears.

](*,)

Postby jaymz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:35 pm

I was hoping he'd come back! We're due for another HOF thread. I know this one has a ways to go, but a couple of defensive/abusive/"I'm taking my ball and going home" responses would have helped get it there.

Postby dhaines » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Based on your replies it's obvious that having hiking/climbing forums organized geographically is crazy talk. It makes perfect sense that if I'm looking to go somewhere in IPWA I should do a search under every trailhead, trail and peak name to try to figure out what the situation is, rather than browsing through some post under a major area forum.

The outpouring of opinion and support on this questions has been awesome. In the future, I"m looking forward to the same hospitality you've shown here out on the trail.

Also, I will do my best to post pictures and condition updates, but be prepared as I may be drinking IPA's while I do it.

Cheers!
Last edited by dhaines on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby wildlobo71 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 pm

dhaines wrote:Based on your replies it's obvious that having hiking/climbing forums organized geographically is crazy talk. It makes perfect sense that if I'm looking to go somewhere in IPWA I should do a search under every trailhead, trail and peak name to try to figure out what the situation is, rather than browsing through some post under a major area forum.

The outpouring of opinion and support on this questions has been awesome. In the future, I"m looking forward to hospitality you've shown here out on the trail.

Also, I will do my best to post pictures and condition updates, but be prepared as I may be drinking IPA's while I do it.

Cheers!

What is so difficult about entering "Indian Peaks" in the search box called "Other Peak / Place Name"? Or a specific peak in the IPWA? I find about a dozen entries just by entering "Toll" in the box for Mount Toll... It's not that difficult. Then again, this is 14ers - it has more of a focus. If you want more chances at obscurity - go do the same exact search on Summitpost...

Wait, I only found 4 reports for Mount Toll on Summitpost.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby bob863 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi Bill,

Would you be kind enough to inform the forum of what topics get moved to "Off-Route"..

thanks...

P.S. maybe I missed something when I orginally signed up...I'm open to being "flogged"...

Postby Djslais » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:10 am

dhaines wrote:Based on your replies it's obvious that having hiking/climbing forums organized geographically is crazy talk. It makes perfect sense that if I'm looking to go somewhere in IPWA I should do a search under every trailhead, trail and peak name to try to figure out what the situation is, rather than browsing through some post under a major area forum.

The outpouring of opinion and support on this questions has been awesome. In the future, I"m looking forward to the same hospitality you've shown here out on the trail.

Cheers!

I don't get you. Why the douchebag attitude? I really haven't had any problems finding what I need here and have learned so much on this site that I think your posts just suck, especially when compared to all the money it costs to sign up. Maybe you are just trying to add value and offer recommendations, but your ability to communicate in a collaborative and friendly manner is horrible.

I have a feeling you'd be just as much of a douche out on the trail too.

Postby Coxie2210 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 am

summitstep wrote:If 14er's is really about 14er's why do they discuss other things?

Pretty arrogant posting. If we didn't talk about other things we wouldn't get to talk about you. Sounds like you pondered IPW after too many IPAs. If you have that much trouble navigating the site, maybe you shouldn't be out in the wilderness. You don't need us; just close your eyes, click your heels and say "there's no place like........(fill in whatever you want) and you can be in your happy place. Then post a TR; we'd love to not read it.

Man may god be with you. Based on how you address problems, dhaines, you would be lucky to find one of us willing to assist you. I concur with the above quote that if you struggle in navigating this website then I fear for the SAR who has to save your behind. I imagine someone would miss you but it probably won't be the 14ers community. Good luck communicating that way with your wife. :-k

PreviousNext