Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The Forum Organization Sucks

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: The Forum Organization Sucks

Postby Navigaiter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:34 am

DHaines, there's obviously no way someone would come on a free site and complain about it unless they were under extreme duress, so if you need any help getting out from under the heavy hand of those forcing you to use the interwebs, please let us know.

<edited to remove Speth since I obviously had no idea about the pink font>
Last edited by Navigaiter on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby GregMiller » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 am

Navigaiter wrote:DHaines and Speth, there's obviously no way someone would come on a free site and complain about it unless they were under extreme duress, so if you both need any help getting out from under the heavy hand of those forcing you to use the interwebs, please let us know. If you need to find us, we'll be out past the age of 18.

You do know what the pink font means, right?
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Mark A Steiner » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 am

Tim A wrote:You guys all know not to feed bears, yet you continue to feed the trolls who wander in from the wilds. It's no wonder they return over and over again, we've conditioned them to associate 14ers members with food.

Advocating a summer policy of letting the mountain trolls wander in, sniff around, and then wander off to summit post looking for sustenance.

Yes, I got a kick out of the "bear"-be-cue thread recently posted. Only on 14ers.com.

Where's the beef? I read the rants and say "Lighten up!"
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Postby Navigaiter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 am

GregMiller wrote:
Navigaiter wrote:DHaines and Speth, there's obviously no way someone would come on a free site and complain about it unless they were under extreme duress, so if you both need any help getting out from under the heavy hand of those forcing you to use the interwebs, please let us know. If you need to find us, we'll be out past the age of 18.

You do know what the pink font means, right?

I don't. I'm not usually on here. Have I committed a faux-pas? :oops:

Postby Navigaiter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 am

Ah. Just searched the forums for pink font. It appears I owe Speth a big fat apology. Sorry Speth.

Greg, if you're the same Greg I'm thinking of, we climbed Whale last December. Hope you're well and getting out. I'm finally consistently hitting the hills.

Postby GregMiller » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:09 am

Right, bdur. No worries. Been getting out, but never as much as I'd like :-D
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Navigaiter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 am

Yeah obviously this weekend didn't work out for me. Hence my rare appearance here.

Postby GeezerClimber » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 am

Bill deserves a hearty round of applause for his measured, mature response. Clearly very few are capable of such restraint under the circumstances. Kudos.

Dave

Postby chrismjx » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 am

GeezerClimber wrote:Bill deserves a hearty round of applause for his measured, mature response. Clearly very few are capable of such restraint under the circumstances. Kudos.

Dave

This is the Internet! Mature responses are frowned upon in this establishment! Ain't nobody got time for that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT_Ulmcrys

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 am

We're all having a good laugh about this over in the super-secret members-only Offline Forum section. :wink:

Seriously, how to attach images to a post should probably be described in the help/info/howto forum. It's pretty simple once you figure it out (see the "Upload attachment tab" at the bottom when you're posting?) but it is a question that's come up several times in the past.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby Roald » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Enough of this. Can we please discuss more important topics like guns, dogs, or how far up Lake Como Road my Subaru will get me?
chrismjx wrote:

Roald, in that one sentence you managed to demonstrate that A) you're an idiot and B) you're a hypocrite, and a perfect example of the cause of the modern-day problems in this country.

Postby scalba123 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 pm

I would like to submit this thread and original poster as a 2013 Billie Award nominee.

PreviousNext