Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

mobile.14ers.com

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

mobile.14ers.com

Postby Scuba Steve » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 am

I do a lot of my 14ers.com browsing on my phone these days and have begun to notice that on several occasions the image someone uploads isn't displayed. Does this have to do with how the person uploads the photo or perhaps it's just my device? In this topic http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=39212&p=475482#p475463, the first image uploaded by douglas does not show up but the one that dsunwall does.

Also, I can no longer zoom in/out when viewing a trip report. The usual "'pinch" method works on all the other pages. Any ideas?

Steve-

Site Administrator

Re: mobile.14ers.com

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 am

Scuba Steve wrote:I do a lot of my 14ers.com browsing on my phone these days and have begun to notice that on several occasions the image someone uploads isn't displayed. Does this have to do with how the person uploads the photo or perhaps it's just my device? In this topic http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=39212&p=475482#p475463, the first image uploaded by douglas does not show up but the one that dsunwall does.

Also, I can no longer zoom in/out when viewing a trip report. The usual "'pinch" method works on all the other pages. Any ideas?

Steve-

The first issue is because some people upload (forum post) images and leave them as an "attachment." Those show up in the main forum, but will not on the mobile version. Others will upload the image and click the "Place Inline" option to stuff the photo in there for display to all (mobile and non-mobile).

For the other issue, I'll take a look at the "user-scale" meta tags...
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 am

Is the pinch/zoom issue on a smartphone or tablet?

Postby Bean » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 am

Related issue so I'll just comment here. On an ipad (2, using chrome) the main page can only be zoomed in so far, and it's small enough that it can be pretty easy to miss the link you're going for.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 am

Bean wrote:Related issue so I'll just comment here. On an ipad (2, using chrome) the main page can only be zoomed in so far, and it's small enough that it can be pretty easy to miss the link you're going for.

Ok, I just changed the tablet max-zoom level from 100% to 200%. A refresh will be required.
Hope that helps (and works).

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Also, I can no longer zoom in/out when viewing a trip report. The usual "'pinch" method works on all the other pages. Any ideas?

Steve-

Try refreshing the 14ers.com pages on your mobile device and let me know if it looks better. I inserted a "min-zoom" which should allow zooming out.

Postby Bean » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Ok, I just changed the tablet max-zoom level from 100% to 200%. A refresh will be required.

=D>
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 am

Bean wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Ok, I just changed the tablet max-zoom level from 100% to 200%. A refresh will be required.

=D>

HOORAY, I got something right this morning!!
I will celebrate by heading over to the slopes. :-D

Postby Scuba Steve » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Is the pinch/zoom issue on a smartphone or tablet?

It was on a smartphone and it's working brilliantly now. =D>

THANKS!

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 am

I struggle with the message/text boxes from my iPhone. You can't see the whole box so you can't proof what you've typed

Postby Monster5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 am

Another related issue:
On Blackberry for the past 4-5 months, I can only see the top 1/2 of forum topic titles (imagine an editor's strike-through through the words - I can only see stuff above the line), the top 1/4 of TR titles, and the top 1/8th of peak conditions. The latter two are basically unreadable. Some sort of space sizing/formatting issue. Is there a way I can fix it on my phone or is it an invasive e-surgery type deal?
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Monster5 wrote:Another related issue:
On Blackberry for the past 4-5 months, I can only see the top 1/2 of forum topic titles (imagine an editor's strike-through through the words - I can only see stuff above the line), the top 1/4 of TR titles, and the top 1/8th of peak conditions. The latter two are basically unreadable. Some sort of space sizing/formatting issue. Is there a way I can fix it on my phone or is it an invasive e-surgery type deal?

Blackberry is still in business?? :P

I don't have one to test on, but I'll look in the code to see if it's anything obvious.

Thanks