Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Icon for Night Climbs

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: Icon for Night Climbs

Postby nkan02 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 am

I Man wrote:
nkan02 wrote:If you did not sleep on the summit - it did not count. :-"

I hear you were at RNJ 1 last night - how come you didn't come say hi??? :-D

I was, but I am doing fine in the partners department. Thanks. :P

Postby Lemmiwinks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

Can we also get a leaf icon for fall summits and maybe a paw print icon for summits with dogs?!? Even better, a keg icon for climbs that we did drunk? More lists = more fun.

edit: ugh, beat me to it anna
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 am

Let's take this up a notch. Bill, how about you make physical pins for us? Then we can wear them to the Happy Hours, to work, in the shower, etc. and people will know how awesome we are at first glance. I won't be happy unless I look like a five-star general.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby ameristrat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 am

My God, people, I was half kidding / half throwing the idea around. It's clearly not popular, but no need to crucify me.
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby Upstate Hiker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 am

Welcome to 14ers.com Teddy.

Postby ameristrat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 am

ameristrat wrote:My God, people, I was half kidding / half throwing the idea around. It's clearly not popular, but no need to crucify me.

The other half wants to be covered in stamped metal emulets, though! Booya!!! Bl!!Iii!!ng!!
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby I Man » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am

ameristrat wrote: It's clearly not popular, but no need to crucify me.

Crucify him! Crucify him!! :evil:
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

SurfNTurf wrote:people will know how awesome we are at first glance

Wearing pins is for sissies. My checklist is on permanent display, like this:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_2lqbky-cSgg/TAP8g_JzAFI/AAAAAAAADi8/7eCAtDUYdFo/Angelina-Jolie-tattoos-Geography-coordinates-Tattoo.jpg
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby ameristrat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 am

Upstate Hiker wrote:Welcome to 14ers.com Teddy.

It's cool. I've been hazed before. :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: :dead
Last edited by ameristrat on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby milan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am

I actually suggest to define what "Night" actually means, if it is like the time between 6 pm and 6 am or if from when it gets dark (how dark counts) to the sunrise; if it counts if you summit in the dark but get to your car with sunrise, or is the night only between 11 pm and 2 am or something. I suggest to start more thread like those what 3000 feet rule is about and another one what actually is winter :) :) :) ... And I completely agree with Anna, yes make more of the icons, they are fun! :lol:

Postby DeucesWild » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 am

Because nothing makes mountaineering more rewarding than lots of icons and likes...

icons.jpg
icons.jpg (147.51 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

PreviousNext