Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

problem with avatar

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

problem with avatar

Postby d_baker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Bill, could you speak to your moderator (USA Keller) and do something about her new avatar? It's disturbing. Thanks.

Site Administrator

Re: problem with avatar

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:52 pm

BillBot5000 here.
I'll notify Bill of your urgent request. He's currently truck-camping in an urban area
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby d_baker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:BillBot5000 here.
I'll notify Bill of your urgent request. He's currently truck-camping in an urban area

It is urgent. Thanks for getting back to me.
:lol:
Good luck on the urban camping thing! I hope it's not in Hell anymore.

Postby USAKeller » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 am

d_baker wrote:Bill, could you speak to your moderator (USA Keller) and do something about her new avatar? It's disturbing. Thanks.
Haha - it's a problem because I went gangsta and look like I want to kick someone's a$$?! I just set a new 1 rep-max on the bench the other day so that's how I feel!
Actually I know it's hard to see, but the relfection in my glasses are the observatories on Mauna Kea. I'll change it soon - suggestions? :lol:

I'll notify Bill of your urgent request.
DORK!
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby MUni Rider » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:15 am

USAKeller wrote:
d_baker wrote:Bill, could you speak to your moderator (USA Keller) and do something about her new avatar? It's disturbing. Thanks.
Haha - it's a problem because I went gangsta and look like I want to kick someone's a$$?! I just set a new 1 rep-max on the bench the other day so that's how I feel!
Actually I know it's hard to see, but the relfection in my glasses are the observatories on Mauna Kea. I'll change it soon - suggestions? :lol:

I'll notify Bill of your urgent request.
DORK!

It would appear that the picture was taken from the inside of a car! Are you going to tell us you drove up and didn't hike up? The horror! :wink:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby bonehead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 am

Curious also.
Some people change their avatars often.
Some never.
I would find it very interesting to see a pictorial history of the changes.
Papillon for instance. Always a mystery.
I wonder if anyone has catalogued their own changes, and would care to reveal them.
And Yes!
Caroline definitely shines much brighter with her infectious smile!!!

Postby USAKeller » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 pm

bonehead wrote:And Yes!
Caroline definitely shines much brighter with her infectious smile!!!
Would this big smile avatar be better than my current?!

MUni Rider wrote:It would appear that the picture was taken from the inside of a car! Are you going to tell us you drove up and didn't hike up? The horror! :wink:
It is in the car on the summit! My brother wanted to go see it so we drove to the top - there's no way I could have made that Texas boy hike it with me! After a heated debate between us about getting him to walk the 150 yards to the true summit, I was clearly angry in my avatar. He ended up doing it and already felt an ear ache. But don't worry I hiked it 5 years ago! He was happy to be on the tallest mountain with his big sis as seen by his grin:

In all seriousness though, we were able to see the smoke from Kilauea errupting - crazy!
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby bonehead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 pm

No. Not even close.
Staged smiles don't cut it.
Nothing like the real deal.

Postby d_baker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 pm

USAKeller wrote:
Haha
I'll change it soon - suggestions? :lol:

We could start a poll for what your new one should be....and here are suggestions:
1.) A Lynxing shot that you said maybe you'll start doing (photographers, get in line, behind me of course)
2.) Go all out, and do a Canyon Goddessy shot
3.) On top of a cool peak, something below 14k and above 13k, of course

#3 could be combined with option #1 or #2.
But some of the women around here don't think that is classy.
I bet this is a male dominated site though. ;)

Or, you could go back to your smiley avatar. That's not so disturbing.

[I was bored when I started this, hence the reason for this irrelevant drivel for a thread. Billbot5000 should probably delete it.]