Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

user pics/broken links?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

user pics/broken links?

Postby d_baker » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Bill, in the user pics upload area on the front page (recent stuff), if I click on a photo it has a string of links and/or path or whatever above the photo (e.g., Home < Horseshoe Mtn (Main Page) < More Photos < Photo Display).
But when I click on the Horseshoe Mtn (Main Page) or even the More Photos links, it says No Photos Uploaded. ??
Can that be right? For Horseshoe, it seems like there would be more. Also, I thought by clicking on the Horseshoe Mtn (Main Page) link it would take me to 13ers for that mountain. No?

I tried it for Trinchera too, clicked Main Page for that peak, and it did not take me to it. It works on 14ers though (e.g., the recent Culebra pic upload).

Site Administrator

Re: user pics/broken links?

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 pm

I've been meaning to fix that problem with the back links on top of the user pic pages. They were originally used to link back to 14er pages but since I added all of the other photo categories, I didn't change the way the links are created. In your example, it shouldn't show those links because there's no Horseshoe page on 14ers.com, nor is there a "More Photos" page for Horseshoe on 14ers.com.

I'll get that straightened out. Thanks, Darin!
Only SNOW will end the madness