Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Additional Peaks on TR page

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: Additional Peaks on TR page

Postby Derek » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Soo...feel kinda stupid for having to ask this....but how do you even add those stats to your list? (winter, 3k, solo, etc?) All I see is the number of times summited?

I must be overlooking something! :shock: (Wouldnt be the first time.)
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Postby CarpeDM » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Derek wrote:Soo...feel kinda stupid for having to ask this....but how do you even add those stats to your list? (winter, 3k, solo, etc?) All I see is the number of times summited?

Derek,
On the peak list (where it shows the number of times summited), you can click the peak and it will take you to another page where you can add the other info.
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby tmathews » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Derek wrote:Soo...feel kinda stupid for having to ask this....but how do you even add those stats to your list? (winter, 3k, solo, etc?) All I see is the number of times summited?

You can do that from the UCP (User Control Panel), ie -- Little Bear Peak. Basically, just click on your 14er/13er list (http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/usrpeaks2.php), then click on each individual peak to update the information.

Postby Derek » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:56 pm

tmathews wrote:

You can do that from the UCP (User Control Panel), ie -- Little Bear Peak. Basically, just click on your 14er/13er list (http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/usrpeaks2.php), then click on each individual peak to update the information.

Aha..so the Peak name is actually a link! #-o

Thanks
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

tmathews wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:How's this...

Here's my list as an example

I like it.

Thanks, Terry!

I think it's definitely an improvement.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby d_baker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Looks better already with the 3k gone, and I think if you do something different with the ski icon that it would look cleaner/nicer. The two planks side by side look funny.
Good stuff Bill!

Postby d_baker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Not sure if I'll be able to do this with the congested 13er list, but I'll think about a few options.

I'm not sure how popular this idea would be, but instead of a check-mark next to the peak, have the quantity of summits in
( ) replace the check-mark to be placed on the left side.
That could free up space on the right side of peak name for other stats. ??

I also see the ski thing before was +ski. I must have been thinking about the banner ski thing on tr's.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 pm

That's a good idea but I would have to make it so the numbers line up vertically and right justified, so the peak names line up vertically. Very doable and would clean up the right side.

See, this is why I ask for more eyes!!

d_baker wrote:Looks better already with the 3k gone, and I think if you do something different with the ski icon that it would look cleaner/nicer. The two planks side by side look funny.
Good stuff Bill!

I'll probably just created a ski icon with the skis crossed in an "X". I think that would look better. But, first, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby tmathews » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:51 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:That's a good idea but I would have to make it so the numbers line up vertically and right justified, so the peak names line up vertically. Very doable and would clean up the right side.

See, this is why I ask for more eyes!!

Definitely appreciate the enhancements to the site, Bill. \:D/

Postby d_baker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:52 pm

And maybe not bother with the ( ) either, since they're not necessary.

Postby tmathews » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 am

Bill, I noticed this morning that there's a stray number that displays at the top of the Front and Tenmile/Mosquito columns on the 14er peak lists. Any idea what that is?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:24 am

I was in the middle of some changes. Check it out now...

The checklists no longer have check marks!

PreviousNext