Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Front page is useless

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Front page is useless

Postby bj » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 pm

I cleared the cookies and cache. No luck! The front page just jumps all over the place!! I tried Both IE7 and Chrome.
Just a drinker with a climbing problem..

Site Administrator

Re: Front page is useless

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Hmm, clearing cache has worked for everyone else that's posted. When you clear the cache in IE7, are you selecting all options to be cleared?

If you don't want to the home page to be useless, simply click on "Display Settings" and uncheck the "Show Popups" option and save your changes. Then refresh the home page so it will no longer try to display pop-ups.

Sorry for the problem.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby bj » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanx for the advice Bill. I'm still not having any luck. I did find the "view in another window" button. I just use that.

BJ

Postby hollamby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Geez...I think that you will get a little further if you use some respected, not "Front page is useless".

Bill you put up with a lot of crap, for providing such a wonderful site. Thank You!
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary

Postby Kojones » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:23 pm

hollamby wrote:Geez...I think that you will get a little further if you use some respected, not "Front page is useless".

Bill you put up with a lot of crap, for providing such a wonderful site. Thank You!

Ditto. Unfortunately there is more than one person on this site with a lack of respect.

:roll:

I like the result of the upgrade... and fairly seamless on my end. Just some minor issues first day, and no changes on my part once fixed.

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby hollamby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Kojones wrote:
hollamby wrote:Geez...I think that you will get a little further if you use some respected, not "Front page is useless".

Ditto. Unfortunately there is more than one person on this site with a lack of respect.

:roll:

I like the result of the upgrade... and fairly seamless on my end. Just some minor issues first day, and no changes on my part once fixed.

Kojones

I have been using firefox and it was completely seamless for me. I love the new changes.
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary

Postby bj » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 pm

No disrespect meant. I guess you'd have to see the page jump around to understand my frustration. It works fine at home, but on my business machine I'm not having any luck.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:47 am

You still have the option to stop the jumping around by turning off the popups using "Display Settings" on the home page.

Not ideal, but at least it would make the home page functional for you.

Postby unclegar » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 am

bj wrote:No disrespect meant. I guess you'd have to see the page jump around to understand my frustration. It works fine at home, but on my business machine I'm not having any luck.

Could it be the version of java running? You might try updating that at work. I'm not sure that this could even be the problem, just thinking of suggestions.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Euroclimber » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am

The only issue I have with the front page is when I highlight the list of peaks on the left side with the mouse, some reason the peak has the wrong elevation with the highlighted peak (it shows the elevation of the peak above it with the profile of the peak highlighted)...does that make sense?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (96.61 KiB) Viewed 693 times

Postby rhill987 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:48 am

Euroclimber wrote:The only issue I have with the front page is when I highlight the list of peaks on the left side with the mouse, some reason the peak has the wrong elevation with the highlighted peak (it shows the elevation of the peak above it with the profile of the peak highlighted)...does that make sense?

Untitled.jpg

Bill,

The issue appears to be that Gray's Peak does not have an elevation and every peak is off by one. So Torryes has Grays eleveation, Mt. Evans has Torrey's elevation and so on. Hope this helps.

Rick

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks - I fixed that one!

Next