Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Fourteenerworld.com

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.
Online
User avatar
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Castle Rock, Co

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby dsunwall » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Derek wrote:
Barry Raven wrote:LOJ +1


+2

The time I spend on that site is absurd. A statistic nuts best friend.

--Derek


The forum there is very low key however, not much entertainment, just a bunch of nerds discussing whether peaks should be included on the lists or not. But, that keeps the site out of any discussions about which site has better people. :shock:

Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:28 am

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby jkirk » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 pm

dsunwall wrote:The forum there is very low key however, not much entertainment, just a bunch of nerds discussing whether peaks should be included on the lists or not. But, that keeps the site out of any discussions about which site has better people. :shock:


:cry:
I happen to think it is extremely entertaining... What a warped sense of reality I must have... #-o

User avatar
Posts: 1287
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 9:06 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby Papillon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 pm

If it wasn't for John Kirk, Bill Middlebrook, and Gerry Roach one could pretty much wipe out 95% of what I have accomplished in the high country. The other 5% I'd chalk up to dumb luck. But cut me some slack. 30 months ago, I was spending my weekends walking the streets of East Lansing, MI...

Thank you.

Papillon
"yes man", "cartoon character", and fledgling mountaineer
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

User avatar
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:17 pm
Location: crested butte

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby gb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:10 am

I think if more experienced climbers started putting TR's of 13ers, etc. up on this site, 14ers.com would see a higher level more on par w/ 14erworld. Most of the TR's I've put on this site are for smaller peaks or non-standard routes like the S face of Castle, mostly b/c I thought it would be nice to get the info out there on peaks other than 14ers. Just kind of thinking out loud, wishing there was more info on 14ers.com for the other peaks out there. Kind of weird that people "graduate" from here and then move on to 14erworld, or something like that...

EDIT: Then Bill goes and puts up a 13er checklist to reinforce my point... :D

User avatar
Posts: 1287
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 9:06 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby Papillon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:07 am

gb wrote:I think if more experienced climbers started putting TR's of 13ers, etc. up on this site, 14ers.com would see a higher level more on par w/ 14erworld. Most of the TR's I've put on this site are for smaller peaks or non-standard routes like the S face of Castle, mostly b/c I thought it would be nice to get the info out there on peaks other than 14ers. Just kind of thinking out loud, wishing there was more info on 14ers.com for the other peaks out there. Kind of weird that people "graduate" from here and then move on to 14erworld, or something like that...


I might possibly be the most guilty member of this forum when it comes to not putting up trip reports, considering how often I get out. I have yet to post any. Might have to make that a New Years resolution.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am
Location: Black Forest, CO and Green Valley, AZ

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby SarahSimon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 pm

14ers.com = Clean, comprehensive 14ers beta and a great place to watch non-climbers conduct humorous yet pathetic avatar battles about the right to bear arms, signing summit boulders with a Sharpie, the virtues of off-roading in 2-wheel drive compact cars and why attractive women don't want to date mountain nerd guys
LoJ = Obsessive-compulsive, anal-retentive dweebs and I mean that as a compliment; needs to implement drag-and-drop analytics widgets for the full-on geek experience; slightly unsettling to meet strangers who can recite highlights of your LoJ resume from memory
SP = A global collection of The Cool Kids and Sexy People, peppered with born-again Bolt Choppers and alpine internet Perverts; Rich format, delightful international chaos, spirited and occassionally rowdy but fantastically chock-full of diverse mountain beta from the high-profile to the lowly obscure; Robust structure encourages user contributions in an organized, referenceable fashion
FourteenerWorld = The mysterious Black Box
Mountain Project = An acquired taste, like dry gin, sushi or long-cut chewing tobacco

See you in the mountains,

Sarah
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." ~ John Wooden

User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby cheeseburglar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 am

SarahSimon wrote:14ers.com = Clean, comprehensive 14ers beta and a great place to watch non-climbers conduct humorous yet pathetic avatar battles about the right to bear arms, signing summit boulders with a Sharpie, the virtues of off-roading in 2-wheel drive compact cars and why attractive women don't want to date mountain nerd guys
....
FourteenerWorld = The mysterious Black Box
Mountain Project = An acquired taste, like dry gin, sushi or long-cut chewing tobacco

See you in the mountains,

Sarah


Very funny. I feel I must comment.
SP and LOJ are crazy animals. Some people love them, some don't care.
14ers.com is what it is. Nothing more need be said. But, this is 14ers, so I'll say it. But not right now.
I've never logged in to 14world. Maybe someday.
I don't read the Mountain Project forum much. Not sure why. But Mountain Project does have an excellent route finding tool. You select your desired location and difficulty level and it spits out routes! Very cool. It might be adaptable to this site. There aren't as many variables with 14er routes.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

User avatar
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 am
Location: Fort Collins

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby Johnson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:34 am

sgladbach wrote:Some consider me egotistical, but they're such confusing egotism with the fact that I'm better than everyone else (you too Baron.) Did you know my bowels spew lilac scented waste?


Just choked on my peanut butter tortilla. :lol: Lilac is one of my favorites. But seriously, I don't want to hijack this thread.... but I did choke on my tortilla.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby cheeseburglar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 am

bjohnson17 wrote:
sgladbach wrote:Some consider me egotistical, but they're such confusing egotism with the fact that I'm better than everyone else (you too Baron.) Did you know my bowels spew lilac scented waste?


Just choked on my peanut butter tortilla. :lol: Lilac is one of my favorites. But seriously, I don't want to hijack this thread.... but I did choke on my tortilla.

That is odd. I don't understand why you choked. sgladbach is actually better than everybody else at mountain climbing.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

User avatar
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 am
Location: Fort Collins

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby Johnson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 am

cheeseburglar wrote:
bjohnson17 wrote:
sgladbach wrote:Some consider me egotistical, but they're such confusing egotism with the fact that I'm better than everyone else (you too Baron.) Did you know my bowels spew lilac scented waste?


Just choked on my peanut butter tortilla. :lol: Lilac is one of my favorites. But seriously, I don't want to hijack this thread.... but I did choke on my tortilla.

That is odd. I don't understand why you choked. sgladbach is actually better than everybody else at mountain climbing.



I'm sorry. I didn't expand... I choked because of his humility! And then I cried.

Seriously though, I know Steve is messing around and having fun.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

User avatar
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO

Re: Fourteenerworld.com

Postby cheeseburglar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:59 am

Even bad asses need to have fun.
There aren't many people who can post stuff like that and be taken seriously while making a joke.
He is one of them.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests