Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Personal Peak Checklists in Google Chrome

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.
Site Administrator

Re: Personal Peak Checklists in Google Chrome

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:50 am

Ok, I've identified a small piece of Java code that is used in a few areas of the site (including the peak checklist entry and tripreport display pages) that seems to bother the new versions of Safari and Chrome.

I just upcated the peak checklist entry page and the trip report display and will go through the site to check for other instances.

Let me know if you're still having this problem with the peak checklist and trip report pages.

Sorry!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby dcbates80911 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 am

Didn't know there was a 4.0.2. Just updated and I can now make comments (not sure if that was your change or other), but still get a blank screen when updating the peaks checklist.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 am

Try clearing your browser cache and then updating your list again. You probably had a copy right before I moved over the lastest updates.

Postby dcbates80911 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:09 am

Just did a complete reset (cleared everything) and I can update now. Also checked the comments on TR's and looked at other people's checklists (original problem) and both look good. Hope this fixes it.

As alway, thanks.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:12 am

I also removed the problem code where there are "comment" areas throughout the site. It was happening on gear classifieds and user photo uploads.

I'll keep looking.

Postby MUni Rider » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I also removed the problem code where there are "comment" areas throughout the site. It was happening on gear classifieds and user photo uploads.

I'll keep looking.

ooooh, a scavenger hunt! Those are fun!

Thanks for everything BIll.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby Rinehart18 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Everything works on my end. Thanks for the help!

Previous