Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Total 14er Summits Calculation

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Total 14er Summits Calculation

Postby Papillon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 pm

If you are in the trip reports section and you hover over an individual's name, a pop-up window opens with some personal peak stats. For some individuals, the "Total 14er Summits" number is bloated. This seems to only be an issue if they have never repeated a 14er. I was drawn to this when I saw some individuals had stats like 5 of 58 14ers and 35 total 14ers. Curiosity led me to investigate. If they have repeated a 14er, their totals are correct. The calculation evidently doesn't like a null value in the number of repeats field.

This only applies to the pop-up window in the Trip Reports section. Personal Peak List pages are correct.
Last edited by Papillon on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Site Administrator

Re: Total 14er Summits Calculation

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am

Good catch - thanks!

It was just a program variable that was not getting initialized.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Total 14er Summits Calculation

Postby Wish I lived in CO » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 am

Sounds like Bill got it.

Papillon wrote: Personal Peak List pages are correct.

Well, I did previously notice it in my peak profile, it indicated that I had summitted one peak twice when it was only once - I've never summitted any peak twice.

BillMiddlebrook wrote:It was just a program variable that was not getting initialized.

Sounds like the movie "the matrix" - the 14er web pages are just an illusion - you deal with the sea of code and numbers? I only got a C+ in Fortran back in 1987. Thanks for running the site.
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2