Culebra reservation open

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ahrendse
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 44 5
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Culebra reservation open

Post by ahrendse »

bergsteigen wrote:
timf wrote:If anyone would join me for Purgatoire and Vermejo, I might be coerced into signing up. Wonder what the current cost is for those 2.
I'd be up for that. I missed last year's 13er group since I was still in a cast. I'm guessing it's $200 like the other times.

I would also be interested in doing a group of 13ers.
https://listsofjohn.com/m/ahrendse
`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'
TravelingMatt
14ers: 56 
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

Dave B wrote:Image

I remember when climbing Culebra only cost a penny whistle and three moon pies.
Actually MtnMan was right, it was twenty dollars, except we would have called it dickety dollars. The Kaiser stole our word twenty.
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
macgyver
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 123
Trip Reports (0)

Post by macgyver »

Any idea if they'll eventually open Sundays, etc or do they only do Friday and Saturday reservations all summer?
-MacG
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Sundays a day of rest, my man!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

It would be nice if they'd open it up for Sunday hikes. I'm pretty sure most of the hunters who pay to hunt on the ranch don't skip Sundays.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
codydonahue
14ers: 31 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by codydonahue »

Anyone know how quickly these folks get back to you on average? I booked and payed on Sunday, but haven't got anything formal from them. Just the first email saying "this email is not a confirmation."

Appreciate the help.
Fr3ako
14ers: 38 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Fr3ako »

You just print the paypal receipt confirmation and the waiver form, that's it. The paypal receipt came 2 minutes after booking...
Who needs a thermometer? That’s what my nipples are for. -- Kintz
There are two rules to success in life. 1) Never tell everything you know. -- Roger H. Lincoln
codydonahue
14ers: 31 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by codydonahue »

Ah yes. Now I see... Thanks for the help.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

They're def. on top of things - you'll be greeted at the gate by the ranch manager dude, you'll sign in/out. It's a total pro operation. Enjoy your time!
cbrobin
14ers: 55  1 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by cbrobin »

fahixson PM Sent
More Colorado than the Natives.
GeezerClimber
14ers: 58 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GeezerClimber »

Interesting that they have already sold 345 of the 660 slots.

Dave
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

GeezerClimber wrote:Interesting that they have already sold 345 of the 660 slots.

Dave
$51,750. . . not too shabby.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir