lambs slide

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Chico_P
Trip Reports (0)

lambs slide

Post by Chico_P »

Looking at doing lambs slide here in a bit and am just curious if anyone has done it before.
BKS
14ers: 58  5  1 
13ers: 54 7 3
Trip Reports (3)

Re: lambs slide

Post by BKS »

its climbed a lot. Look at longs peak trip reports - just look at the ones for Kieners or Notch couloir. These routes start by ascending lambs slide. You'll find helpful info there.
Chico_P
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Chico_P »

Thanks bks.
Kevin Baker
14ers: 58  53 
13ers: 674 32
Trip Reports (125)

Post by Kevin Baker »

There is a lot of snow on Longs right now and I would suspect Lamb's Slide is loaded. The traverse above Peacock Pool may be avy prone as well. I did a hike up to Chasm Junction on Sat, and there was a lot of snow even in the areas that are typically wind swept.

As for the couloir, I think it doesn't get steeper than the mid 40's, but can feel steeper with firm snow. I've only done the route to Broadway.
Always do what you are afraid to do. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
pbakwin
14ers: 56 
13ers: 64
Trip Reports (19)

Post by pbakwin »

I've climbed Lambs to the Loft a few times. It's a real nice climb. Steepness is consistent above Broadway. Head a little left, not the right branch above Broadway. Upper part will melt out later in summer (August).