Wetterhorn conditions anyone?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Andymcp1
14ers: 46  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Wetterhorn conditions anyone?

Post by Andymcp1 »

Does anyone have an update to the conditions on the. Outta ins in regards to snow and ice on the upper portion of the mountain after the recent snow?
How was the road to the trail head?
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Wetterhorn conditions anyone?

Post by AlexeyD »

Andymcp1 wrote:Does anyone have an update to the conditions on the. Outta ins in regards to snow and ice on the upper portion of the mountain after the recent snow?
How was the road to the trail head?
Just based on the most recent report from Sneffels, I'd guess very wintery. Another 4-8" is excepted today, too. Of course it's on the other side of the San Juans, so could be somewhat different.
LadyClimber
14ers: 6 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LadyClimber »

The patrollers were skiing at Silverton the other day. The San Juans got dumped on.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20 ... ilverton--" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VeloBison
Trip Reports (0)

Post by VeloBison »

Hoping to do Unc/Wetterhorn Saturday morning. Looks like I'll be bringing my boots.
aLiEn
14ers: 58  5  3 
13ers: 149 5 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by aLiEn »

LadyClimber wrote:The patrollers were skiing at Silverton the other day. The San Juans got dumped on.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20 ... ilverton--" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just soiled myself... \:D/
DoctorBreaks
14ers: 33  5 
13ers: 6 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DoctorBreaks »

Might be planning on doing Wetterhorn and Uncompahgre this weekend also! :)
"Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."

-Anatoli Boukreev

Be humble enough to respect the mountain, but confident enough to climb it.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bdloftin77 »

I'm not sure if the Uncom cam is working, my computer's security settings are blocking it. But here are a bunch of webcams!

http://www.hikingintherockies.com/fourt ... nercam.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

bdloftin77 wrote:I'm not sure if the Uncom cam is working, my computer's security settings are blocking it. But here are a bunch of webcams!

http://www.hikingintherockies.com/fourt ... nercam.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice page, thanks!
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bdloftin77 »

Thanks! The credit actually goes to Jim Davies, who posted it on the fb 14ers.com page.

Would anyone have a recent update for the conditions on Uncompahgre? Thought to post that here, since it's close to Wetterhorn.
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

Looks like OP's original question has been answered with the latest conditions update.