Mt. Eoulus and N. from 550?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Mt. Eoulus and N. from 550?

Post by NM_Hiker »

ScreeSurfer wrote:Yes, Vincopotamus is correct, that is N. Eolus and Eolus to the right of Turret as seen from Highway 550. http://www.caltopo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a great view analysis tool

whoa! now you all know what I will be doing on the computer every night. Looking at maps on caltopo.

Thanks ScreeSurfer!
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Re: Mt. Eoulus and N. from 550?

Post by geojed »

Yes, this view analysis is incredibly GOOD!

This is a photo that I took from atop Atlantic Peak when I did the Tenmile Traverse. As I looked at the picture the peak way in the background just peeking over Lincoln's shoulder (indicated by an arrow) piqued my interest. I wondered what it was and using Google Earth I zoomed in and out and determined after about 1hr of messing around that it was Colony Baldy. Well with Caltopo "View from here" it took about 5 seconds! Just right click on any summit or location click on "View from here" and it will bring up a pop-up screen with a zoomable view with labeled peaks. I used to use "Hey What's That" to do peak ID, but this is WAY better.
Zoomed in view using Caltopo
Zoomed in view using Caltopo
IMG_0983 resized.JPG (187.3 KiB) Viewed 241 times
View from Atlantic
View from Atlantic
12-23-2013 1-45-29 PM.jpg (36.46 KiB) Viewed 241 times
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein