Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Pikes Peak Winter Ascent?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Pikes Peak Winter Ascent?

Postby jeremy27 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:45 am

FireOnTheMountain wrote:You could crash the add-a-man douche bag party on the 1st :lol:

I shouldn't hate, they probably pretty cool guys.

http://www.adaman.org/

They are very cool guys. Not pretentious in the least. And they brave terrible conditions some years to light fireworks off for all the city to enjoy. Nice guys and fireworks. Whats not to like?

Postby briancolopy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 am

Planning to summit Pikes Peak on Monday, December 23. Looking for folks to join me. The weather is looking great!

Postby SherpaSara » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:30 pm

A couple of winters ago, I did an ascent of Pikes by going up from the Crags, enjoyed some chilli in the summit house, and descended Barr Trail to the A-frame to camp overnight. The next morning I descended to Barr Camp, where I scored some spare pancakes that the boy scout group that was up there didn't eat, then it was out to the Barr TH by noon. I've summitted Pikes 7 times now, with numerous trips on both the Barr and the Crags area, and this trip still remains one of my favorite ever. The summit was still a bit crowded with the train people, but I had the rest of the mountain to myself. The city lights of C.Spgs and sunrise the next day from the A-Frame were very memorable. The only downside is needing to shuttle.

Previous