sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
GeorgiaTyler
14ers: 22 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

Since I took my good bud up his first 14er he bought me a 14er sticker at History Colorado and we couldn't figure something out on the sticker. Maybe y'all can help. all the 54 14ers are listed very small around a compass looking thing. In bold around the outer edge (featured I guess..) Are: Mount Massive (upper left) Mount Harvard (upper right) Blanca Peak (lower right) and La Plata Peak (lower left) circling the compass, if I were good at posting pics I would. Anyone know why these peaks are more prominent? Thx for input
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Re: sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Post by Steve Climber »

Illuminati.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Post by geojed »

Big-Guard-White-Silver? Hmmmmm...... OMG! :shock: You've found the location of El Dorado!!!!!!!!! =D>
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
litote312
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (3)

Post by litote312 »

Well, those are the highest peaks after Elbert... does Elbert stand out on it? If so I'd guess it's just highlighting the five highest.
Don't bash each other; bash willows.
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

I think I've seen the same thing. Mount Elbert is in the Center. It's the tallest. Massive, Harvard, Blanca, and La Plata are around the edge because they are #2 through #5 in elevation.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com
GeorgiaTyler
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

Ok, I guess I should have thought of that but Elbert is tiny around the middle and not showcased at all. If I get time i'll post a picture.
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Post by geojed »

litote312 wrote:Well, those are the highest peaks after Elbert... does Elbert stand out on it? If so I'd guess it's just highlighting the five highest.
CO Native wrote:I think I've seen the same thing. Mount Elbert is in the Center. It's the tallest. Massive, Harvard, Blanca, and La Plata are around the edge because they are #2 through #5 in elevation.
Boring!!! :yawn:
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
GeorgiaTyler
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GeorgiaTyler »

I know right, we thought it would have some kind of cool triangulation significance or something... i'm the worst picture loader ever, file to large. anyways, I guess case closed. t hx
Last edited by GeorgiaTyler on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kojones
14ers: 25 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Kojones »

Actually, these are the peaks that won out to Pikes Peak for an alien landing station. These plans were guarded once they saw the reaction to Pikes Peak plans.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/tellerco ... 48c54.html

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."
Frontrangeskier
14ers: 54  8  1 
13ers: 83 16
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Frontrangeskier »

Another Freemason Conspiracy....
Catchy saying from someone famous.