Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Since I took my good bud up his first 14er he bought me a 14er sticker at History Colorado and we couldn't figure something out on the sticker. Maybe y'all can help. all the 54 14ers are listed very small around a compass looking thing. In bold around the outer edge (featured I guess..) Are: Mount Massive (upper left) Mount Harvard (upper right) Blanca Peak (lower right) and La Plata Peak (lower left) circling the compass, if I were good at posting pics I would. Anyone know why these peaks are more prominent? Thx for input

Re: sticker my buddy got at history Colorado

Postby Steve Climber » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Illuminati.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby geojed » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Big-Guard-White-Silver? Hmmmmm...... OMG! :shock: You've found the location of El Dorado!!!!!!!!! =D>
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby litote312 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Well, those are the highest peaks after Elbert... does Elbert stand out on it? If so I'd guess it's just highlighting the five highest.

Postby CO Native » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:41 pm

I think I've seen the same thing. Mount Elbert is in the Center. It's the tallest. Massive, Harvard, Blanca, and La Plata are around the edge because they are #2 through #5 in elevation.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Ok, I guess I should have thought of that but Elbert is tiny around the middle and not showcased at all. If I get time i'll post a picture.

Postby geojed » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 pm

litote312 wrote:Well, those are the highest peaks after Elbert... does Elbert stand out on it? If so I'd guess it's just highlighting the five highest.
CO Native wrote:I think I've seen the same thing. Mount Elbert is in the Center. It's the tallest. Massive, Harvard, Blanca, and La Plata are around the edge because they are #2 through #5 in elevation.

Boring!!! :yawn:
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 pm

I know right, we thought it would have some kind of cool triangulation significance or something... i'm the worst picture loader ever, file to large. anyways, I guess case closed. t hx
Last edited by GeorgiaTyler on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kojones » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Actually, these are the peaks that won out to Pikes Peak for an alien landing station. These plans were guarded once they saw the reaction to Pikes Peak plans.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/tellercounty/life/pyramid-proposed-for-pikes-peak/article_a506df55-3664-5e90-9745-797b83b48c54.html

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby Taillon75 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Another Freemason Conspiracy....
Catchy saying from someone famous.