Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

How's the Sawatch lookin?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: How's the Sawatch lookin?

Postby ahrendse » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm planning on Shav/Tab on Saturday. I'm thinking of making it a loop by combining the nearby 13ers ("Esprit", UN13712, Jones Pk). Let me know if you're interested.
`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

Postby MichiganBrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:41 am

I'll be up with one other on Antero Saturday should anyone want to join that.

Postby Thedudedenver9 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 am

Is be up for Antero. Do you have plans in mind as far as meetup ideas, carpooling?

Postby mbird » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 am

Just a heads up - we're getting hammered with snow right now and it's forecast to continue through Saturday and Sunday. You can't even see the mountains from the highway and it's safe to say conditions might not be the best for hiking this weekend. Skiing, on the other hand, is another matter entirely - Monarch Mountain is opening on Saturday.

Postby MichiganBrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Thedudedenver9 wrote:Is be up for Antero. Do you have plans in mind as far as meetup ideas, carpooling?

We're thinking about audibling to something a little less stormy and clsoer tomorrow...potentially the 13ers near Guanella pass (Argentine, etc.)

Postby Yikes » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:14 pm

mbird wrote:Just a heads up - we're getting hammered with snow right now and it's forecast to continue through Saturday and Sunday

Yeah, tell me about it. Here's a picture I took driving into Salida a few hours ago...
snow.JPG
snowing outside
snow.JPG (4.36 KiB) Viewed 384 times

I did get some practice driving down the road sideways.

Postby swinginstyle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm

What are you planning on doing then? I was planning on Shavano/Tabeguache tomorrow, but with the weather news and personal reports, I'm having second thoughts. My brother is in town to climb 14ers. Anyone have recommendations for alternatives?

Postby ahrendse » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:26 pm

swinginstyle wrote:What are you planning on doing then? I was planning on Shavano/Tabeguache tomorrow, but with the weather news and personal reports, I'm having second thoughts. My brother is in town to climb 14ers. Anyone have recommendations for alternatives?

I'm also bailing on Shav/Tab. The weather looks better in the front range (although still not great) but it looks like you've already done those 14ers. I'm planning on doing a few 13ers near G&T (Square Top, Argentine, Wilcox). You're more than welcome to join if you can't find a 14er to do.
`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

Postby zoriloco » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:28 pm

No Sawatch tomorrow.....? Ohh well that sucks! What else to climb?

Postby geojed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:41 pm

4 are doing Mt Arkansas tmrw. Meeting at TH just south of Fremont Pass/Climax mine at 7am if interested. PM if interested.

Postby swinginstyle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 am

ahrendse wrote:
swinginstyle wrote:What are you planning on doing then? I was planning on Shavano/Tabeguache tomorrow, but with the weather news and personal reports, I'm having second thoughts. My brother is in town to climb 14ers. Anyone have recommendations for alternatives?

I'm also bailing on Shav/Tab. The weather looks better in the front range (although still not great) but it looks like you've already done those 14ers. I'm planning on doing a few 13ers near G&T (Square Top, Argentine, Wilcox). You're more than welcome to join if you can't find a 14er to do.

Thanks, looks like I'll also be doing those mountains

Postby wolfgangstiller » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Does anyone have an update on the 390 to Winfield? How much of the 390 is still passable? Considering doing the SW ridge to La Plata on Black Friday but want to make it at least to Winfield via Subaru Outback.

PreviousNext