Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Quandary Peak Condition?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Quandary Peak Condition?

Postby rpdawes » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:25 pm

I am planning on hiking to Quandary Peak this Tuesday. wanna know if anybody has been up there lately like yesterday or today. Will you please inform me of its peak condition?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Quandary Peak Condition?

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 am

Saw it from Lincoln on Saturday. Decent amount of snow it looked like, I would say bring microspikes.

Postby CarrieS » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:44 pm

rpdawes did you go today? How were the conditions? We were thinking of doing it tomorrow.

Postby justiner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Was there Sat - we just walked up, snow is minimal.

Did not stop the couple from OK donning climbing helmets and full on mountaineering boots. God bless 'em.
The Long Ranger | STRAVA

"Any effort that has self-glorification as its final endpoint is bound to end in disaster" - Pirsig

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 pm

justiner wrote:Was there Sat - we just walked up, snow is minimal.

Did not stop the couple from OK donning climbing helmets and full on mountaineering boots. God bless 'em.

People two Saturday's ago were looking at us a little weird too as we were descending the East Ridge from the West Ridge with our full compliment of gear. Oh well \:D/

Postby rpdawes » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

I did not go out to the mountain today since I was informed that there was some snow at the top. Guess I will have to delay my summit hiking activities till next summer.

Postby justiner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:

People two Saturday's ago were looking at us a little weird too as we were descending the East Ridge from the West Ridge with our full compliment of gear. Oh well \:D/

I got that, too - although I had much less gear than most, going up the East Ridge ;) I was first just so happy to be done with the W. Ridge, that I was literally *bounding* down the E. Ridge at Mach 2.

The scene at the summit was even better: as I was dry heaving from finishing everything, most everyone else was in jubilation from finishing their first 14er. I was happy to be alive ;)
The Long Ranger | STRAVA

"Any effort that has self-glorification as its final endpoint is bound to end in disaster" - Pirsig

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 pm

justiner wrote:
Somewhat of a Prick wrote:

I got that, too - although I had much less gear than most, going up the East Ridge ;) I was first just so happy to be done with the W. Ridge, that I was literally *bounding* down the E. Ridge at Mach 2.

The scene at the summit was even better: as I was dry heaving from finishing everything, most everyone else was in jubilation from finishing their first 14er. I was happy to be alive ;)

We had the summit to ourselves! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/