Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Conditions on Uncompahgre

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Conditions on Uncompahgre

Postby yogi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 am

Hi,

I am thinking of hiking Uncompahgre this Sunday (9/29) along with a friend of mine from Dallas. Does anyone have a hands on condition report since the snow storm this past weekend. Also, any info on the condition of the road to the TH would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yogi

Re: Conditions on Uncompahgre

Postby EZSide » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:05 pm

I hiked up Nellie Creek Rd. from Henson Creek on Tuesday. Snow started well before Upper trailhead. Made it to about 12,700 in the upper basin on snowshoes. My guess is most of that is melted out now. Warm and windy. Understand there is a chance for more snow soon - that's what to watch. Nellie Creek Rd is definite 4x4.

EDIT now I don't see any precip which makes more sense.

Bill

Postby PKelley » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:10 am

Its been raining in Lake City since 3:00 this morning. Its 39 degrees in town, which means its snowing again up in the high country.
The Dalai Lama when asked what surprised him most about humanity:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Postby powhound » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 am

yogi wrote:Does anyone have a hands on condition report since the snow storm this past weekend. Also, any info on the condition of the road to the TH would be appreciated.

I would really appreciate if anyone could keep this updated going past this upcoming weekend, as I was hoping to get down there around the middle of next week. Thanks!

Postby yogi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I will update on the conditions for this weekend once I get there

Postby PKelley » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:04 am

Snowed a little less than an inch last night in town.