Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Snowstorm in the Elk Range

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Snowstorm in the Elk Range

Postby seanmstewart » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 am

Can't see the picture, but thanks for the update. Looking like next weekend is a tentative go.

Postby gonzalj » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:21 am

seanmstewart wrote:Can't see the picture, but thanks for the update. Looking like next weekend is a tentative go.

Try again. I just changed the option on the picture for the public to see it.

Postby seanmstewart » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am

gonzalj wrote:
seanmstewart wrote:Can't see the picture, but thanks for the update. Looking like next weekend is a tentative go.

Try again. I just changed the option on the picture for the public to see it.

Beautiful picture! Thanks man.

Postby Hungry Jack » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

Might have to make it my desktop for a while. It's restaurant quality!

Postby seanmstewart » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Ironic that it now looks like the Elk Range is the only climbable range in CO this weekend.

Postby rijaca » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 pm

seanmstewart wrote:Ironic that it now looks like the Elk Range is the only climbable range in CO this weekend.

Really, what forecast are you looking at? (I have a vested interest)

This is the one I'm looking at:

Saturday A chance of rain showers before 7am, then a chance of snow showers between 7am and 1pm, then rain and snow showers likely after 1pm. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a high near 51. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night Rain and snow showers likely, becoming all snow after 1am. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday Snow showers likely before 7am, then rain and snow showers likely between 7am and 1pm, then rain showers likely after 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

Postby DArcyS » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 pm

rijaca wrote:
seanmstewart wrote:Ironic that it now looks like the Elk Range is the only climbable range in CO this weekend.

Really, what forecast are you looking at? (I have a vested interest)

This is the one I'm looking at:

Saturday A chance of rain showers before 7am, then a chance of snow showers between 7am and 1pm, then rain and snow showers likely after 1pm. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a high near 51. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night Rain and snow showers likely, becoming all snow after 1am. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday Snow showers likely before 7am, then rain and snow showers likely between 7am and 1pm, then rain showers likely after 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Well, Ricky, with that forecast, I'd like for you to be extra careful so that you don't get stranded in an abandoned cabin. :-D

Postby seanmstewart » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Weather Channel forecast has Sunday in the Bells - Snowmass at 40% chance of precipitation after noon at this point, it might be behind.

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:57 pm

No, it's probably just lower.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby TakeMeToYourSummit » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 pm

When I drove past Emma on 82 at 6:30 tonight - Capitol was completely socked in... Same view 15 minutes later from Brush Creek Road... Raining as I write this... I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!
I'm horrible with names...
But will never forget a mountain's face!

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm

I can't speak for the rest of peeps in this thread, but I'm postponing. I'm going for something as equally as exciting, with even more death involved, and I'm positive it'll make the masses on 14ers.com incredibly jealous.....I'm busting out the Sherman!! boo-ya!

Postby seanmstewart » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:I can't speak for the rest of peeps in this thread, but I'm postponing. I'm going for something as equally as exciting, with even more death involved, and I'm positive it'll make the masses on 14ers.com incredibly jealous.....I'm busting out the Sherman!! boo-ya!

Isn't the weather forecast kind of bad there as well?

I'm hitting Capitol 21st-22nd still if there is some sun to dry up whatever happens this week. Just an FYI.

PreviousNext