Snowstorm in the Elk Range

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Snowstorm in the Elk Range

Post by Hungry Jack »

SilverLynx wrote:Looks like Capitol will have to wait for next summer. My IBS has been acting up lately.
Roll that puppy! And, assuming you bath regularly, try standing on the affected leg throughout your shower. The balance routine will strengthen the muscles that stabilize the femur and help relieve some of the strain on the knee.
please rotate your device
mdwoodland
14ers: 58 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mdwoodland »

Hungry Jack wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:Looks like Capitol will have to wait for next summer. My IBS has been acting up lately.
Roll that puppy! And, assuming you bath regularly, try standing on the affected leg throughout your shower. The balance routine will strengthen the muscles that stabilize the femur and help relieve some of the strain on the knee.
I never knew standing on one leg would cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Good to know, just in case.

I climbed Maroon yesterday. A little snow and ice in places, but nothing you can't avoid. Conditions are changing daily though.
“There are two kinds of climbers, those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

mdwoodland wrote:
Hungry Jack wrote:
I never knew standing on one leg would cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Good to know, just in case.
LMAO.

Oops. I thought she meant Iliotibial Band Syndrome, the bane of many a weekend warrior.

But, the other IBS, that's no laughing matter. My freaking cat has IBS (diagnosed after a $1,000 procedure--shoot me please), and thankfully he is treated successfully with a regular antacid.

Please carry on without me.
please rotate your device
Knockneed Man
14ers: 33 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Knockneed Man »

I'd guess about 10 inches of snow above 12k feet in the Elks right now. Rained ALL night, most of yesterday and still coming down in Aspen. Snow line on Ajax is down to about 8,500ft.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

frosty morning here in CB, snow line around 10k and it looks like the peaks got a decent amount of snow.

here is whetstone peak: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9393_o.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaliKona
14ers: 20 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PaliKona »

wow, gorgeous!!
BostonBD
14ers: 22  4 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BostonBD »

Thanks for the update. Awesome photo too.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

This one is not the Elks but worth posting. The view from Ouray looking up valley. United States Mountain, I believe.
ouray.jpg
ouray.jpg (67.04 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase