Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Missouri Mtn- Clohesy Lake access

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Missouri Mtn- Clohesy Lake access

Postby nmesen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 am

Hi all
I am looking to do Missouri from Clohesy lake soon and was wondering if anyone knows if clear creek is crossable right now?

Thanks!

Re: Missouri Mtn- Clohesy Lake access

Postby Bullwinkle » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

Depends on your vehicle. The climb out on the opposite bank is a bit steep and the water is a bit deeper below the climb out. A few years ago there was also a nasty slide at about the halfway point to the TH, which trapped some hikers above the slide. I did this in an H3 just before this incident. A higher ground clearance vehicle with 4WD is recommended.

Postby pflegerc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 am

Made it through with a friends Tacoma last week, zero problems. Like Bullwinkle said, it is the exit after the deepest portion that is the more difficult part.
Some people have Gods, I have the Mountains. Regardless, neglect either for too long and you will get lost.

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 am

Even if it looks passable, do not head straight for the exit point on the second part of the stream crossing. Bear to your left where it is the most shallow. The more direct shot at the stream exit is the deepest part of the crossing. We did this road in a rental Grand Cherokee. But, Jan did get out and direct and roll rocks a few times.
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby nmesen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 am

Great, thanks everyone for the great info. We'll give it a shot.