Forum

Missouri Mt, Emerald, and Iowa Conditions?

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info. 14er Trip Reports, Condition Reports

Missouri Mt, Emerald, and Iowa Conditions?

Postby Jazzob » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Anyone know the conditions on the Northwest ridge route on Missouri and perhaps the other two peaks in the area? Or have any pictures of recent conditions? Thanks!

- Ken

Re: Missouri Mt, Emerald, and Iowa Conditions?

Postby XC Snowboarder » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Went over Elkhead Pass last Sat (6/15). We got Emerald and Iowa and it was mostly frozen due to our early arrival and departure. Some mud and snow but not bad. Good mellow snow off Iowa for a speedy descent back into the basin below Mizzou.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (197.11 KiB) Viewed 153 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (197.11 KiB) Viewed 153 times

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm

XC Snowboarder wrote:Went over Elkhead Pass last Sat (6/15). We got Emerald and Iowa and it was mostly frozen due to our early arrival and departure. Some mud and snow but not bad. Good mellow snow off Iowa for a speedy descent back into the basin below Mizzou.

What the hell were you doing over there?! Tell me you had the board and weren't just hiking...

Postby XC Snowboarder » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:55 pm

It was a training day and I definitely missed the board descent having just rode out of the basin after hitting the Ford sisters. Carl and I rode/skied the tuning fork last Sun as a final send off to the season.