Humboldt conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
eskermo
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 316 30 4
Trip Reports (18)

Humboldt conditions?

Post by eskermo »

Has anybody been to Humboldt or the Crestones recently? Any info on current conditions on the South Colony Lakes road and trail/snow conditions would be appreciated.

I plan on tackling Humboldt Saturday morning so it would be nice to get an idea of the gear I need to pack and figure out if I can drive all the way to the upper trailhead.
Mindy
14ers: 14 
13ers: 25 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Humboldt conditions?

Post by Mindy »

Bump
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Post by jdorje »

I would bet good money you can hike the standard route of Humboldt without any winter equipment.
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
dsunwall
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 399
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dsunwall »

road is hard packed snow, steeper sections may be difficult if it's above freezing, water on ice. snow packed trail all the way, above treeline is 98% brown on south and west slopes.