Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Beta photos for the San Juans - snow?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Beta photos for the San Juans - snow?

Postby nesiha3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Wondering if anyone has pictures from today or coming up this week for the Chicago basin area, the Trinities/Vestal area, etc?? Would like to get a sense of how much snow is there after the snow today/tomorrow. Info or pictures would be much appreciated!! Thanks, Sarah

Location: Up high in the San Juan Mtns (Apr-Nov) and down by the beach in CA & HA (Nov-Apr)

Re: Beta photos for the San Juans - snow?

Postby San Juan Ron » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Virtually no snow. The snow was all north of the San Juans. A bit in the Crested Butte area but the San Juans didn't get anymore than a dusting which will be melted tomorrow if it hasn't already melted. SJ Ron

Postby DurangoJenn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I doubt the Chicago Basin saw any snow today. Was a beautiful seasonal day in Durango and looked to be the same to the north from what I could see from the north end of town where I'm at. Forecast looks to be sunny the rest of the week. :-D

Postby MtHurd » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 am

One of the cameras at Durango Mountain Resort is pointing right at Chicago Basin. The West Needles block the view but you can still get an idea of what the snow conditions are like by looking at the bottom left webcam. Give it a couple of hours for the sun to get higher in the sky for the view to clear up on the webcam.

http://www.durangomountainresort.com/index.cfm?fa=mtncam.home