Anyone go up Long's today, 9/14?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Nosomee
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Anyone go up Long's today, 9/14?

Post by Nosomee »

If so, how was it? Thinking about heading up there tomorrow but don't want to bother if the narrows or homestretch are covered in ice. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks everyone!
Nosomee
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Anyone go up Long's today, 9/14?

Post by Nosomee »

Yeah I've been checking for an update but there hasn't been one since Wednesday...
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

I went today (9/15). Up Loft and down Keyhole. The loft had some ice mostly before and on the exit ramp. Microspikes worked well but had to be careful. Keyhole route was pretty clear and only had a little avoidable ice in the trough.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
mtnjim
14ers: 57 
13ers: 215
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnjim »

Went up the Loft and down the Keyhole today, also. There was only one unavoidable bit of ice on the ramp below the loft, and that was only one step. Made it through easily with no traction device thanks to a rock frozen in the right place. I would have gotten there around 12:45 so maybe a bit more had melted off by then.
As Nosomee said, the little snow in the Trough was easily avoided.

Looks like tomorrow will be another great day for route. I passed several folks heading up to camp in the Boulderfield.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (16)

Post by jdorje »

http://14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_en ... ecnum=1708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <-- the place to update
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Heard its pretty dry. Did anyone get a good look/pic at the East face on the way to the Loft?
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

This is all I have. I didn't go over to Chasm Lake. If there is a region of interest in this pic, send me your email via PM and I'll send you the full resolution pic.
dnsz east face 091512.jpg
dnsz east face 091512.jpg (182.83 KiB) Viewed 527 times
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz