FKT on Capitol?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Re: FKT on Capitol?

Post by MtHurd »

We need a fatass climbing time. All these guys are skin and bones.
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Anyone know if he's still going for Nolan's 14 this year?
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Post by geojed »

What about a SKT= Slowest Known Time? Now that would be something! :D

Rules: Must maintain continuous movement. No stopping, no resting, no sleeping. 2 Bathroom breaks of no more than 5 mins each.
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Tory Wells »

dehrlich101 wrote:Anyone know if he's still going for Nolan's 14 this year?
He has said in his blog he will not be going for Nolan's this year due to the fatigue from Leadville and races he is already signed up for in Europe. Too bad, I think we would all like to see that.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Tory Wells wrote:
He has said in his blog he will not be going for Nolan's this year due to the fatigue from Leadville and races he is already signed up for in Europe. Too bad, I think we would all like to see that.
Thanks. That is too bad. Maybe next year..
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
Marmot72
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 570 16
Trip Reports (37)

Anton's impressive

Post by Marmot72 »

I was coming back from N Arapaho, traversing to S Arapaho, when I saw him emerge. About 3/4 of the way from S to N on the traverse, there is this wall that one must bypass to left. So I was coming back along the ridge and looking at a pair of hikers: one was hanging out on the cliff, while the other was completing the downclimb. Suddenly, this brown lean figure like Coleridge's Ancient Mariner or Tom Hanks' character from Castaway. He didn't look fast; all moves were deliberate, fluid, but non-stop. While I watched, rooted to the spot, he negotiated the downclimb and just floated across the broken ground of the traverse. It was a pretty warm day in July, and he carried no water.

I deviated from the ridge, exploring a possible connection to Mt Neva. I soon heard Anton up on the ridge above me. The guy is just pure unimpeded motion. It's like the altitude has no effect on his lungs and that his leg muscles have never heard of lactic acid.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

summitseeker wrote:Some photographic evidence:

I think this answers all the "do we need an ice axe, crampons, shirt, coat, sunscreen, water, etc..." questions. :)
Mohare77
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mohare77 »

Holy cow - I saw that guy on kelso in July. I thought he was spiderman or jesus b/c he never passed me, he just suddenly appeared at the top of the white wall. I tried to let out a hello or a "how the heck do I get up this white wall?"...he just looked at me like fox and ran off w/o a word. I thought I was seeing things b/c no shirt, no water, no nothing.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

I was looking through the Ultimate Direction website and I thought, "Wait a minute, I know that guy!'.

http://www.ultimatedirection.com/c-sign ... eries.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
siop
Trip Reports (0)

Post by siop »

dehrlich101 wrote:
Tory Wells wrote:
Thanks. That is too bad. Maybe next year..
According to his blog he's going for Nolan's 14 Aug 31, 2013
"because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing the lawn. climb that goddamn mountain" -jack kerouac

"here is your chance to find your own way. go on your own. be adventuresome. don't forever seek the easiest way. go the way you find. don't demand trail signs and sturdy bridges. don't demand we show you the mountains. see them and find them yourself. here's your chance to get lost, fall in the creek, find a beautiful place." -randy morgenson
nicholasblee
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nicholasblee »

I noticed Anton also joined the forum yesterday and posted regarding losing his axe on Longs:

http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38826
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

I saw him on Torreys this past July. Jesus-look alike :)