Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Good weather weekend

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Good weather weekend

Postby tmathews » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 am

If you've got plans in the San Juans or Elks or haven't solidified plans -- looks like this weekend is for you. I was just glancing over the weather links and it looks like the NWS has dropped the chance for precip in those two regions to basically none. Even Longs Peak only has a 10% chance tomorrow. Looks like the highest chances are in the Front, Sangres, and some of the Sawatch, but even then it's not looking all too bad (30% is the highest chance I saw). Sunday's looking awesome at this point all around, too (20% is the highest I saw in some of the Front, Sangres, and Sawatch).

Hope everyone is able to get out there and enjoy it! =D> \:D/ :mrgreen:

Re: Good weather weekend

Postby jstouder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 am

Good to hear Terry! We are planning on La Plata on Sunday and then the Four Pass Loop next week. Hope the good weather holds!
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Postby Derek » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 am

Been a while since I've seen a weekend look this good weatherwise. Headin out in an hour or so for a backpack into the west Indian Peaks, the spot forecast has 10% chance for tomorrow, and 0% chance for Sunday. (Today might be a bit wet, but not bad.) Obviously, that all could change while I'm there....but hey....I'll take it!

-D
"All dolled up in gabardine..."

Postby gonzalj » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 am

Yeah, let's hope they're right on this one. Headed up to massive via the SW slopes in several hours and am definitely looking forward to thei hike tomorrow.

Postby ajkagy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 am

this looks good for the weekend and into next week
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby jstouder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 am

I might pee my pants... This trip is two years in the making and lining up so nice... La Plata, 4PL, Snowmass and Buckskin Benchmark here we come! 4:00am tomorrow can't come fast enough.
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Postby ajkagy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:30 am

jstouder wrote:I might pee my pants... This trip is two years in the making and lining up so nice... La Plata, 4PL, Snowmass and Buckskin Benchmark here we come! 4:00am tomorrow can't come fast enough.

looks like you are in luck...could be the only dry week we have in August
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.