Name change denied for Kit Carson Mountain

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
KeithK
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (51)

Re: Name change denied for Kit Carson Mountain

Post by KeithK »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Giving him a 2nd chance turned out to be a mistake.
NO WAY! :shock:
Snow is dumb.™
Stop cyber bullying!
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Good for you, Bill. FWIW, I had him pegged as a mediocre climber at best. Besides the attitude (how could any climbing/expedition team put up with that?), a few of his technical comments led me to believe he wasn't really very skilled. Just my opinion, whatever. Thanks for maintaining the community here Bill.
-Tom
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

tmathews wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Giving him a 2nd chance turned out to be a mistake.

He obviously has an axe to grind and was here to stir up as much trouble as possible before getting banned.
Oh, he has? I saw a post from him in this thread still, so I wasn't sure. I thought that once someone got banned his/her posts automatically get deleted.
Currently, his account is deactivated. In cases like this, I document a bunch of information (IP addresses, etc.) before deleting all of the posts. They will likely be gone tomorrow.
TomPierce wrote:Good for you, Bill. FWIW, I had him pegged as a mediocre climber at best. Besides the attitude (how could any climbing/expedition team put up with that?), a few of his technical comments led me to believe he wasn't really very skilled. Just my opinion, whatever. Thanks for maintaining the community here Bill.
-Tom
Thanks, Tom!
Since this is a free, open forum, we're going to get some trolls and spammers. No sweat.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

highpilgrim wrote:So, as far as I know he's the only double banned member. If you consider the Longmonster incarnation that is.
I think rustic/western/whatever got banned three times.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Don't people know that their identity can never be 100% private when using the (public) Internet? It always amazes me that it goes on, especially if the person is well-known or has a lot to lose by trolling in public forums. :wink:
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs