Quandary Conditions. Who wants to ski?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tlongpine
14ers: 27  1  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Quandary Conditions. Who wants to ski?

Post by tlongpine »

I'm going to keep this short, sweet, and hopefully informative.

Access to trailhead is snowpacked (and blocked by other vehicles), this required a short (1/2 mile hike up the road to the TH.

Below treeline trail-finding is easy; follow the footprints through the snow.

Above the treeline trail-finding is complicated by two factors: 1) wind & snow have erased previous footprints 2.) trail feathers because skiers and climbers are improvising upward routes.

The powder is wonderful, I truly regret not bringing skis. Which is why I'm headed back out to Quandary Wednesday a.m.

Anybody want to join?
Attachments
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG (136.94 KiB) Viewed 422 times
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.