North Maroon trail rehab

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
hotrod
Trip Reports (0)

North Maroon trail rehab

Post by hotrod »

Just in case no one has seen this yet:

http://www.postindependent.com/article/ ... ofile=1074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Growing older is inevitable, but getting old is not.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Re: North Maroon trail rehab

Post by tmathews »

hotrod wrote:Just in case no one has seen this yet:

http://www.postindependent.com/article/ ... ofile=1074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to make another small donation to CFI. It's not much, but every bit counts.
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

They only need about $150K/year to run this project. That's a lot for a trail-building organization, but you'd think somebody in Aspen could step up and fund this out of their petty cash...
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
tmahon
14ers: 58  57  6 
13ers: 206 102
Trip Reports (2)

Post by tmahon »

I'll just cut them a check today.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

tmahon wrote:I'll just cut them a check today.
Way to step-up to the plate, Ted! :wink: :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, though, I hope a little media exposure will get some more funds coming in for them.
HOCKEYFAN
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by HOCKEYFAN »

Dito that 'TMATHEWS', I know its not much, but I'll do what I can.
gonzalj
14ers: 40  1 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (11)

Post by gonzalj »

Yeah, ditto on a little more media exposure. I mean, these are only the most visited mountains in the continental US. Does anyone know if any of the Denver Metro media channels or aspen media channels have covered this? I'll make a small donation as well to the CFI as I always love visiting the bells and someday would love to climb them.
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

Just read and contributed to CFI---as a west slope local and one that hasn't done the N Maroon Trail ---I'm in.----hike on!
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Great news on this. From CFI:
Great news to announce from today's Colorado State Trails Committee meeting! CFI's $199,780 request for work on North Maroon and Holy Cross was approved, as was the USFS's $197,164 request for work on San Luis. Part of another grant will help with the restoration on Yale. Those are major shots in the arm for 14er trail work.
jam6880
14ers: 57  10  4 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jam6880 »

craig D Im with you on that and I will volunteer for helping out on that
gonzalj
14ers: 40  1 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (11)

Post by gonzalj »

tmathews wrote:Great news on this. From CFI:
Great news to announce from today's Colorado State Trails Committee meeting! CFI's $199,780 request for work on North Maroon and Holy Cross was approved, as was the USFS's $197,164 request for work on San Luis. Part of another grant will help with the restoration on Yale. Those are major shots in the arm for 14er trail work.
Definitely great news.
FCSquid
14ers: 33 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (9)

Post by FCSquid »

Jim Davies wrote:They only need about $150K/year to run this project. That's a lot for a trail-building organization, but you'd think somebody in Aspen could step up and fund this out of their petty cash...
Meh. Who needs trail improvements? Real men climb Class 3 mud. Right, Jim?
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin