Winter Park Skiing

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ski_fever
Trip Reports (0)

Winter Park Skiing

Post by ski_fever »

Hello,

A couple of friends and I are planning on coming out to CO this week to Winter Park and we were wondering if anyone could help us out with finding some decent priced lift tickets. I know there are some 2 for 1 deals out there but when are the blackout dates for those at WP? If you have lift tickets, we would consider buying them from you too. If possible even that there any season ticket holders who we might be able to help us find cheaper ways of skiing out there this week or weekend as well, that would be great too. We are planning on going skiing Thurs and Friday for sure, possibly Sat. as well. We have heard that lift tickets are very high priced so we would really like to find someone who could help us out a little since we will be coming from Nebraska. Any help would be great. Thanks!
mtnbikir
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Winter Park Skiing

Post by mtnbikir »

suggest buying a pass or a ticket
Last edited by mtnbikir on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorksman
14ers: 13 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

Winter Park has stopped the fourpack for the season, you can only buy that early on in the season. If you find somebody who has a season pass they can get you a ticket for $59.

Just an FYI I looked at your past 9 posts and they are all looking for cheap Ski Passes? This website is not a hookup trying to find cheap tickets.
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Try posting your request on TGR. I'm sure they'll be helpful and courteous, and they're always nice to newcomers.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
davidsteger
14ers: 58  20  1 
13ers: 166 34 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by davidsteger »

If I were you, I'd just try to make a quick friend in the parking lot and ask them to go with you to buy your tickets for the day using their season pass. I helped someone do that last week and they paid for my lunch. We were both happy :D
COBuckeye
14ers: 34  7  1 
13ers: 8 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by COBuckeye »

I thought I saw a billboard that was advertising Buy One Get One Free at WP if you purchased 10gallons of gas from any Denver Shell station. Might want to look into that.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)
It Escapes Me
14ers: 1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by It Escapes Me »

COBuckeye wrote:I thought I saw a billboard that was advertising Buy One Get One Free at WP if you purchased 10gallons of gas from any Denver Shell station. Might want to look into that.
Starts Jan 3 from what I can find on this.

Curtis
Not to be confused with Cvrti5!
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

Check out the 4 by 40 pass they are offering right now. Instead of listing the benefits, here's the link.

http://skicolorado.com/4by40.aspx?etc=4 ... 199_121310

2 days at Steamboat
2 days at WP
for an additional 50$ you get to stay at Frasier Crossing (in wp village) and Steamboat Grand, across the street from the gondola. This is the best deal I've seen in years and I'd get it if I didn't already have a pass.
It Escapes Me
14ers: 1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by It Escapes Me »

The lodging pass is an additional $249 on top of the $199 ski pass. I thought the same thing till I got it in my cart

Curtis
Not to be confused with Cvrti5!
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

no s**t? well nevermind on the greatest deal part, but without lodging, its a solid deal for skiing. I had a feeling that was too good to be true. Thanks for the correction.